Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 55 Fairlane Trunk release

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lpmorgan, Oct 15, 2018.

1. lpmorgan

lpmorgan

I’m trying to figure out how to connect the trunk lock mech to the latch. I see there is a release rod but have no idea how it goes together. Any chance someone can take a pic and send it my way to save me a bunch of headache?
    Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 54vicky

54vicky

do yourself a favour and join the social group 54-59 ford on here this is a rod forum where as Jeff's site is more a restoration rodding site.a pic of what you want will help.

3. I wired a power trunk lock solenoid from a big GM car (don't remember model or year I took it off of) to work the trunk latch on my '55 in order to shave the deck lid. but the latch mechanism is the same for all of them '52-'56, so if somebody can take a picture of the stock mechanism for any of those years. Basically the lock cylinder turns a little bell crank that hooks to a little linkage rod that pulls straight up on the latch mechanism. Pretty simple affair, if you lost the linkage, you can get one off a '52-'56 parts car, or you could make one out of 1/8" steel rod from the hardware store.