Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest It probably will never happen but.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Oct 8, 2018.

1. I have a fat 401k plus my late wife's too. 2 pensions and lastly SS which I'd like to wait on collecting. I should be good to go for a while with that, keeping my current house but I do have plans to expand the garage and get the machine shop placed out back. I plan to take in work, so I have to set it up right. A piss-pot of $$ would sweeten the deal. I'd try to get my brother to retire and work with me if I was wiping my brown eye with $50 bills.

themoose and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Most folks that win the lottery end up miserable and broke.

chryslerfan55 and Pinstriper40 like this.
  3. Your definitely right about that but on the other hand a lot of people who don't win the lottery end up the same way. I think I'd rather take my chances on being miserable after I spent the 30 million.:D

OahuEli, ct1932ford, clem and 4 others like this.
  4. If I got 30 mil, I'd give every Hamb participant 100 k.
    Course I rarely buy lotto tickets, so don't hold yet breath waiting!

Clay Belt, themoose and TFoch like this.
  5. At 100k each, you'd need a few BILLION. Better start buying tickets cause we want our money!

chryslerfan55 and Clay Belt like this.
  6. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I'd build a really nice shop, remodel the house, buy some property in other parts of the country and then build race cars and hot rods the rest of my life.

themoose and bobss396 like this.
  7. I know one couple, won a NH lottery for just over a million, took the lump sum and partied like rock stars. 18 months later they were back to work and had nothing to show for it. They were around 30 at the time.

8. This sounds fair. I'd build stock cars but probably would not drive them. Hot rods for sure, it could be a lot of fun.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Like many who have posted I don't do Lotto, but:

I'd buy some land in a coolish climate like the mountains behind Hermanus, and build the beginnings of a town. It would be set up the way cities used to be, a way to facilitate civic-economic encounters, not a way to restrict civic-economic encounters. It'd be a gentle half-hour walk from one side to the other, and once the enormous diversity of people I'd let move in there for free are done with it there wouldn't be a boring moment in the whole half-hour.

Then I'd build a few cars. Seeing how much there'd be to get to just by walking there might only be a hundred or so cars in the entire town, but I'd have built a good number of them.

chryslerfan55 and themoose like this.
  10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's because they dont have a hobby to invest in!
    I'd get myself a piece of land and build a big adobe Alamo looking shop with a big wall around about 5 acres, and build my house in there too.
    I'd learn how to build neon signs.
    I'd get a diesel truck and a two car trailer.
    Then i'd go have fun buying out fellas who are ready to be bought out!

And of course I'd give some to family and some to Charity, and some to Mercedes too.

chryslerfan55 and themoose like this.
  11. verde742

verde742

hey Moose Will you put this "on the ground" with different wheels please ?[​IMG]

12. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Get a paint job on my OT daily driver truck.

13. pitman

pitman

NH state liquor stores open early, close late, to 'service' visitors and prominent customers.
    (Lottery win = Temp. Loan)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. Nothing would change...but my bad decisions would be F^(#ing EPIC!!!
    Chappy

OahuEli, Hnstray, Chavezk21 and 3 others like this.
  15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Having a dream is great.Everybody has one.You just have to know when the dream ends,and reality begins. And THAT is usually when the alarm clock goes off in the morning:rolleyes::p:eek:.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

bobss396 and olscrounger like this.
  16. That's about what happened along with an endless line of snortables... and nobody thought to get a nice car while they were at it.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's because they started out STUPID, miserable and broke.

ct1932ford and Hnstray like this.
  18. OK verde , I don't know how we got to this from winning the lottery but here ya go plus I threw in a bonus with one with the top up....

low.jpg top.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    ct1932ford and Chavezk21 like this.
  19. Rich S.

Rich S.

I’d go to the industrial park and buy the biggest warehouse building I can find. And then start filling it with every freekin car I can think of. Pay big dollars for trailer queens and drive the piss out of them!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

themoose likes this.
  20. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

first, i would pay off my house then bulldoze down.
    second, i would move out of this asshole state.
    third, i would buy some property somewhere, were my nearest neighbor was at least a mile away.
    fourth, i would have built what ever kind of house my wife would want and i would have built a 35,000 sq ft shop. then furnish it with all the right stuff.
    fifth, i would not let any of my family or my wives family know anything about it.
    we don't like either one of our families. we don't have kids, so no problems there.
    i would spend the rest of my life building and driving hot rods. just never tell anybody how rich i was. life would be good!!
    since i don't buy lotto tickets , isn't day dreaming fun?
    oh ya, go on nutrasystem and loose 50 lbs.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    themoose and Rich S. like this.
  21. Rich S.

Rich S.

I’ll be your neighbor a mile down the road and do the same thing. Except I will still pay big bucks for trailer queens and drive the piss out of them !

themoose likes this.
  22. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

If I ever hit it big, I would stay in my current house. It's not real big, but it's home. We just did a major interior remodel, and after that, I have no desire to build a new place. Plus, my kids all consider it home. We're in a good neighborhood.

I'd have to quit my job to manage the finances, would give a lot away after paying off my house. On the automotive side, yeah, there's cars I'd like to own, but I would finish the ones I have now which would take several years even with more time and no financial restrictions. Maybe buy a storage building to keep others in, but that becomes a hassle when it's off site with security and the cars there wouldn't get used much.

Devin

themoose likes this.
  23. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happiness is wanting what you have. I'm pretty happy. I don't have two nickels to rub together most days, and I am okay with that. I do buy the odd lottery ticket, as I couldn't bear to live not knowing whether my numbers came up or not.
    If I won, I would definitely quit doing metal work for other guy's cars. I'm semi retired and need to still work some, as I wasn't smart enough when I was young to choose a job with a pension. Oh well. I have a great wife, wonderful kids, and 7 beautiful grandchildren, and most of the grandkids worship the ground I walk on, even though I have no idea why. Like I said, I'm pretty happy.
    I would however, build a lot bigger shop.
    I would also share the winnings with all of the people who have helped me out over the years, when the wife and I were down and out. That list however, is very very short. (tongue in cheek)

trollst, F&J, Chavezk21 and 2 others like this.
  24. Quit my job via text message, send moving company to pick up my tool box, build 125’x250’ shop, set my parents and in laws up for life, throw away cell phone, have my current Mac and Gearwrench dealers outfit new shop, go shopping for projects.

Rich S. and themoose like this.
  25. I'd build the 36 Cord 4 dr convertible sedan E.L. Cord/Gordon Buherig didn't build, with a chopped windshield and Carson top. And pave my dirt back yard for car parking.

26. Rich S.

Rich S.

Oct.16th I hit Mega Millions for $2 dollars. YaHoo!
    1st thing I'm going to do is buy a cup of coffee,
    Shit, I can't even do that.

Ron Brown, F&J and Chavezk21 like this.
  27. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

We talked about this at work the other day since the jackpot is 868 million. I'd pay my house off, buy the house next door to me (90 yr old couple can live there until they don't need to anymore), bulldoze that house, keep his killer 1954 garage. I'd still buy acreage up in the UP just to be able to 'get away'.

28. F.O.G

F.O.G
    from Pacific,Mo

Big shopping spree at Harbor Freight...without the 20% coupon. Yeah baby!

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

first thing I would do is go buy all new socks and underwear.

OahuEli likes this.
  30. Well I need to retract an earlier post. I actually bought lottery tickets today. If I win the almost 1 billon, you will know because there will be lots of 32's being bought and built.;)

themoose likes this.