Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead fuel pressure regulator

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by chiro, Oct 15, 2018.

1. chiro

chiro

What are you all using to regulate fuel pressure at 2 lbs. on your flatheads?
    Thx,
    Andy

2. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

you can use a low pressure electric pump or a holley fuel pressure regulator, they do one that's only 1-4lbs.

3. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I like these. Go to the classifieds
    [​IMG]

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holley 12-804 will take it down. I prefer it over the round ones and I have used both. .

flatheadpete likes this.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. oj

oj

DSC00650.JPG I have these 'poppets' that tuck away and open at whatever pressure you want and send fuel back to the pump inlet so the fuel stays circulating. DSC00609.JPG

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. NorthManCad

NorthManCad

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Malpassi Competition Filter King Fuel Pressure Regulator/Filter - 8mm Bore Pipe

** MALPASSI - HIGH STANDARD MOTORSPORT PRODUCTS **

The competition filter king from Malpassi is a very popular unit for carburettor equipped cars as it both regulates fuel pressure and filters fuel without restriction. Pressure is is adjusted via a screw on top of the unit and the range is 1.5 - 5 Psi.

The pressure can be set accurately as this filter king model comes equipped with a fuel pressure gauge. It is advisable that once the desired fuel pressure is set, the gauge is removed and replaced with the blanking plug supplied.

The 85mm Alloy filter bowl is easily removed to enable the filter element to be changed and models are available with either 8mm push on inlet and outlets or with 1/8 NPT female ports.

KEY FEATURES

Regulator And Filter In One

Adjustable From 1.5 - 5 Psi

Includes Fuel Pressure Gauge

Replaceable Fuel Filter

Alloy Filter Bowl

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **

Picture purely for illustration purposes only.

Important Information JJC Promise Delivery JJC Five Star Service
    1. LIQUIDS & PRESSURISED GOODS - Please note, we are not able to ship liquids or pressurised containers outside MAINLAND UK, this includes Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Isle of Wight, Jersey and Guernsey.
    2. RAPID DISPATCH & DELIVERY - We hold stock in two locations in the UK, any listing that has an UK mainland express delivery option will be dispatched same day (Monday-Friday only), if payment is made and cleared before 3.30pm. Items that don't have a UK mainland express delivery option available will take approximately 4-5 working days to be delivered.
    3. SHIPPING ADDRESS - We operate an automated ordering system, so please ensure your name and address details are correctly spaced line by line on your eBay account to avoid any delays with your order. Please also be aware that first orders can only be shipped to the verified PayPal address. Any subsequent orders can be delivered to an alternative address.
    4. ORDER NOTES - Due to the automated system we operate, we cannot guarantee to be able to view any notes or comments you add to your order. If you need to make us aware of anything to do with your order, please contact via the eBay messaging system before placing your order.
    5. OVERSEAS ORDERS - Please be aware that we are unable to alter the value or description marked on orders destined overseas for the purposes of avoiding having to pay duty on your order.
    6. LISTING IMAGES - In most cases, the images used on our listings are generic and for illustration purposes only. Please ensure you read the listing title and description for an accurate summary of what is included in the listing.

Store Pages

About Us

Contact Us

Returns

Delivery

Sizing

Categories

4 Wheels - Motorsport

4 Wheels - Road Tuning

2 Wheels - Motorcycle

Other

Company no. 06801919, Vat no. GB 970 6933 89 Copyright © 2017 JJC Race & Rally. All rights reserved

[​IMG]
    upload_2018-10-15_20-10-30.png

I have this, but not sure you can buy it in US.
    [​IMG]

8. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

how do you change the pressure in those? where can you buy them, ive never seen them before.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I used the same Holley unit that Billy uses. I mounted it under the floor (didn't like the look of it) and never had any problems.

10. alchemy

alchemy

I started with one of the round Filt-O-Regs but removed it and now use a low-pressure Holley and a gauge screwed right into it.

Bengine2.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. What kind of horn are you using? HRP

[​IMG]

oj likes this.
  12. oj

oj

I sell them, they are made for me by Enderle Injection. They are normally used in mechanical fuel injection systems with much higher springs, Jim fixes them up for me with about a 2lb spring and then increase the line pressure with internal shims, I'll set them up for whatever pressure you want and give you a couple 1/2lb shims if you want to step it up. They can go anywhere in the system after the fuel pump.

weemark likes this.
  13. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Not to hijack this thread. Why change out the filt-o-reg? I have had good luck with mine. Now the fuel pressure gauge is another story, both the liquid filled and non liquid filled go to zero once the engine compartment heats up and I'm hoodless.

14. alchemy

alchemy

I heard many rumors about those round regulators leaking, so I switched mine. I can't confirm or deny that they really do leak.

My horn is a Klaxon. I have no idea what it originally came on. Itsa 6 volt that has 12 volts flowing through it, so it's really loud.

oj likes this.