Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage An afternoon at the lake with my 34

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Oct 11, 2018.

1. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

It is hard to have a bad day driving a Hot Rod. Nice looking ride

2. So before I sign off this thread forever [it's gotten a life of it's own] I have to tell you this: In light of the fact we're supposed to get snow tomorrow, I went on a midnight run to Walmart with the coupe. It may be my last time to drive it for a few days so I fired it up and to the joy of my neighbors, I blasted off to Walmart in 30 degree weather to get the staples of life: Blueberry bagels, Diet Dr Pepper and cough medicine...yeah, still have that pesky cold. Now, I wish I'd gotten a photo of my coupe sitting in the Walmart parking lot with all the Hondas, rusted chevy pickups and battered Hyundais with the illuminated Walmart sign in the background. G'bye!

cactus1, shedzed, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man I love model 40 hotrods! Well done Rocky, that thing just screams hot rod even without the noise!

4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Rocky, the car really turned out nice and the lake photos are a huge improvement over the cramped garage photos of the past! :) HRP

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Great pics of a real hot rod. I also spent this afternoon cruising around in my roadster in some really beautiful weather for an open car.

7. Would've loved to seen a pic in the snow today. Did you go to Hooville for the swap meet?

8. Swap meet yestiddy? You gotta be shittin me, Allan. I stuck my nose out the front door to take this photo. Plus I was nursing a really rank cold. I spent the day on the couch watching reruns of Matlock....
    Behold: 34snow10_18.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  9. Sure is good to see you have this on the road after all this time...You will have to make a road trip down my way some time in it. I would like to see it in person.

10. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

You came to Iowa? Did you get a Permit? Did you get your ankle bracelet off? Sorry just had to harass you a little.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Got antsy this afternoon and told Mrs Rocky I was going to go for a ride in my hotrod. Cruised over to our local Walmart to replenish my supply of Diet Dr Pepper. Picked up my neighbor and we went cruising 'till after dark. Just cruised around the neighborhood and had a blast. The 370 seems to run better and better every day. I still need to put a T'stat in it to get the engine up to 180 on cool days.....runs better with some heat in it.
    Dennis, I'd love to drive out there some day and Joe Cool? Well, I dunno what to say. Maybe I'll drive over to your fair city [?] to see how you're coming on your 57 if I can get a permit.... 34walmart10_18.JPG 34walmart2.JPG

cactus1 likes this.
  12. Love it Rocky!

13. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

14. Stephen...it'll prolly stay gray as long as I have it.