Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Glory that is the Hemi, picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flogknaw, Sep 11, 2018.

1. 1947knuck

1947knuck

2. 1947knuck

1947knuck

3. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

[​IMG] older post from “drag cars in motion”

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loner2, cruiserjohn76, loner1 and 4 others like this.
  4. loudbang

loudbang

5. D2Denny

D2Denny

6. 1947knuck

1947knuck

7. 1947knuck

1947knuck

8. 1947knuck

1947knuck

9. loudbang

loudbang

A pair

hemi.jpg
    Broken :(

hemi1.JPG

loner2, Stebo27, Thor1 and 4 others like this.
  10. Carlos Everhard

Carlos Everhard

this is my 3 window coupe in progress with a 392, 671 blower and 6 carburetors. being made in South Dakota with Gene at A and A Restoration.

Attached Files:

curbspeed, lilmann, Thor1 and 6 others like this.
  11. Wow ! Just wow ! :eek:
    I can only hope that picture is photoshopped or the idiot "making sparks"(*) within such close vicinity of those uncovered engines is at least the owner of them.
    If some one was caught exhibiting such moronic behaviour & disregard in my shop & even if they were the owner of any car/engine/project in here, they'd likely be thrown out faster than the wheel on that grinder could stop spinning.

(*) I know it's likely done just for the "dramatic" effect on some lame magazine article(**) or TV show, but... Really ? WTF ?

(**) Been there , done that.
    I still recall one my first specialty fabrication jobs +/-20 years ago that I agreed to have an article published about.
    Heck, I was even asked if I'd do "the job" for free due to exposure I was going to receive because of the article. I remember thinking "Do I really look that stupid ?", but only told them "Can't do it, I need to get fully paid, just like you for creating this article and the magazine for publishing/selling it to their readers and more importantly, advertisers".

Anyway, in ensuing couple of days while working on that job, which included a lot of metal fabrication & forming, the "journalist" snapping photos around me eventually asked if I could forewarn him when I might do "something that makes sparks" so he could get some "action shots" (or "money shots" as they've been known as in that "adult wrestling" entertainment industry) !?!

That's about the time when I decided I really don't want to have much anything to do with media (nonsense?) side of this business/hobby, unless I could retain content & creative control of how my work is presented, which ain't like to happen without producing the content and media platform out of my own pocket.

I even remember being approached to have someone film and produce some TV stuff in my shop 15-20+(?) years ago, long before such "shows" apparently became popular, but after they claimed (Bullshi**ed) that I can be fully in charge and do everything my way, I couldn't help but laugh and decline.

I do have close friends who work in (vintage) automotive media, both in print & TV, and all would like to produce content about my work, but they also know how I feel and as "insiders" can understand & respect my choice of not wishing to get involved.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    classiccarjack, Flogknaw and loudbang like this.
  12. 1947knuck

1947knuck

13. 1947knuck

1947knuck

14. loudbang

loudbang

Atwater Mike, 1947knuck and Flogknaw like this.
  15. These examplify something else I've never quite understood in many "restorations".
    A lot of effort (i.e. time & money) spent on tons of "as built"/ "period correct" (although often way over-restored*) details and refinishes, but then choosing some over-the-counter generic modern-look battery, often accompanied by that rather ridiculous looking green thumb-screw cut-off "switch", incorrect looking cable ends and/or hold-down bracket just ruins the overall aesthetics/appearance. :(

*Yes, I've been guilty of it too, more than once. :rolleyes:

Flogknaw and 1947knuck like this.
  16. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Flogknaw and 1947knuck like this.
  17. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I agree with you, and I have turned down press coverage too...

We both have the same opinion. I won't sell my soul, and do something foolish to sell a TV program or a magazine.

I have friends that went into the Entertainment Industry, and later told me that I was right.

I allowed Gear Vendors to include me in one article involving a tri-power FE Ford with a T10 that I built for them. And I am proud of being in several monthly issues of a local car club flyer made monthly. The Editor in my car club is a honest guy and posts how the cars are actually built without glamour... That I can do. ;)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TTR and loudbang like this.
  18. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

1947knuck and loudbang like this.
  19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I think that your car looks great. Little Hemi's are fantastic engines. If I ever found a COMPLETE one in running condition, I would use it in my 1936 Dodge Truck. But unfortunately, every one I find is a pile of parts.... LOL

TTR likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

21. At a local swap meet last weekend....call Buddy at (541)955-5179. Picture 27849.jpg Picture 27850.jpg

Stebo27, Flogknaw, 1947knuck and 5 others like this.
  22. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Flogknaw, loudbang and 31Dodger like this.
  23. Thanks for the compliments. :)
    Like all my cars, I built/have it the for me to drive/enjoy and its pretty much "stock" engine is more than capable of providing enough power to achive that pleasure.
    I'm not into "bling", posing with "it" nor do I have a desire or need explicitly compensate for manhood or my lack of it. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your search, there seem to still be plenty of these vintage Hemis out there, even if not quite complete and running.

Heck, even I have half a dozen or so in the shop right now and I'm working on one this morning, although couple of them, while they certainly qualify with their combustion chamber/cross-flow design, do not originate from Chrysler Corp. production lines. ;)

loudbang and classiccarjack like this.
  24. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Hemi conversions on Flathead Ford's, the Boss 429's, Duesenburgs, and etc... Even new LS conversions.... I dig them all!

Hemi's look awesome.

loudbang likes this.
  25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Oh my... I missed a block hiding in the back ground. Looks like a Poly or Hemi Block. I love swap meets, sometimes there are some good buys to be had. But I normally show up after it's sold... LOL.

Day late or a dollar short, that's me!

Flogknaw, loudbang and 31Dodger like this.
  26. I added the gentleman's phone number.

loudbang likes this.
  27. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

It's 796 miles to the Oregon boarder, and then some. IDK... I'll think about it.

loudbang likes this.