Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is this traditional?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bhemi, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadbeat

deadbeat

Works for me,,,,,just sayin,,

2. belair

belair

we wont ask if you don't tell. It sure is purty.

3. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Its Hot Rodding man and that is a hot rod. Beautiful car that Dave built.

4. would like to see the rest of the ride

5. Anybody that can make stack injection work on a street car in any form has my vote....

6. primed34

primed34

To me it's close enough. Like the t5 and alternator that looks like a generator. I'd have a Hilborn set up like that if I could make myself turn loose the money. They are neat but they ain't cheap. Thought about a Weber set up but I don't think I'm smart enough to make it run right.

7. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

INJECTED NAILHEAD?? I just got a little excited :D

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Maybe 1 out of a 100 will notice; the other 99 will think it looks nice or be impressed with it being on the street...And a whole bunch more will not know what they are looking at..

9. Who cares!!! That thing looks great !! Run it !

Better then this

70F1FA9C-945D-4EE0-9C70-1920355E8AE2.jpeg

10. 392

To answer your question, on this forum no, but a major portion of rides here are not 100% tradional either. Go for it.

11. J D Coop

J D Coop

Yep. I saw one at a recent car show.

Attached Files:

12. fake.jpeg
    Cool!!!!! A larger pair of fake tits!!

Shutter Speed and VANDENPLAS like this.
  13. saltracer219

saltracer219

Tommy mostly ran 6 carbs when he ran the Roadster on the street.

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, the hemi-nity
    upload_2018-9-27_9-30-36.png

J D Coop and Blues4U like this.
  15. Nailhead, flash it like Ivo, its bad!

16. GeeRam

GeeRam

Fair play to the OP for asking the question IMHO.

Lets face it, who on here wouldn't want the look of a Hilborn stack system on their vintage engine...?
    The fact that Hilborn have created a system that is streetable but still looks like a vintage race system is bloody cool IMHO.

Interestingly, here in the UK, the Vintage Hot Rod Association, who are pretty strict with what's allowed and what's not in terms of era acceptable (no radial tyres, no disc brakes, no IFS etc) don't have any issue with a guy running a 32 roadster with a flattie fitted with one of Hilborn's injection setups.

Shutter Speed likes this.
  17. Traditional??
    You are worried about the EFI?
    from that picture, SS fasteners, color of paint, ceramic coated headers, chrome and polished alum?
    Sorry, that is a beautiful build, maybe not traditional? It is a form of automotive art.
    Oh, and it probably runs very well to be enjoyed by driving, after all, that would be the ultimate experience.
    J

18. Mike

Mike

The original Flinstone Flyer, a well known race car that ran as a gasser back in the '60s, was in fact a 4 door Packard. The later version was a Studebaker Lark.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a bit too much "street rod shiny" on the engine in the photo but I'd imagine that when you get done we will be looking at a Hilborn Injected Nailhead that looks a lot like one Ivo might have run. It should pass the ten foot test an maybe even the five foot test. Old timers will say "shit that must be a bitch to drive on the street while knowledgeable rodders will be taking close looks at it.
    And at least you don't have to carry a squirt can of gas along to shoot a few shots down the tubes for you fire it up.

20. vega1

vega1

It's like this man do what you like I'm all about driving my stuff my Nova is a real correct car it's a blown small block it has 2 fitech efi on it instead of carbs only thing that is not correct for the time period but with that being said I will drive it anywhere any time it's nothing to put a thousand miles round-trip on her some like it some don't but it sure is nice when I go up in elevation or it gets cool or humid to have it run the same

Sent from my Pixel 2 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bhemi likes this.
  21. fake titts are one thing,,,
    a stuffed bra is a whole nutther thing all together

cretin, porkshop and 61cad like this.
  22. vega1

vega1

Injection IMG_20180918_181914.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Atwater Mike likes this.
  23. hell no thats not traditional
    neither is this
    thIRQEP0WZ.jpg

who cares

24. I love it, drive and enjoy.:D

25. KenC

KenC

But, But, But, EFI was available in limited numbers in '58. So, if defining by year only, it fits. So, it the year fits, wear it.

IMO, if it looks traditional, but works better, that's a good thing. If it's your thing, do it!

26. I refer you to post #28.

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Sure like that 30 psi in the rail, just a snap to diagnose, repair, and maintain!
    But that was where my career ended up. EFI.
    Hell, I was a Cadillac Agency carburetor man for what seemed like eons...but was rescued by Porsche & BMW.
    My flathead, hemi, 292 SBC all live without EFI, so I maintain my carburetor 'expertise'.
    And sometimes frustration...Lotsa screws in these blasted carbs...grumble, grumble...:p

28. Rich S.

Rich S.

I went and saw The Beach Boys a couple of months ago. It was the best that I’ve ever heard them. There was only one Original playing. ( I’m going to regret saying that)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

The best answer I am able to come up with when "The Traditional Police" bust my chops for NOT being "Traditional" is the VERY(!!!) traditional : "It is MY ride, done MY way, so STICKENZE!!" (I'm sure someone will translate my crude Germanic phrase?)

vega1 and Rich S. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.