Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Joez, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Joez

Joez

Hi everybody I am new. My father died April 20th of this year in Pennsylvania he spent his life time collecting 1932 -40 Fords. My mother is liquidating his cars I know I'm new and have seen the warnings about dealing with newbies. I had the guy from American Pickers here today scouting his collection I am selling a 1932 Ford Phaeton rust and Dent free, I have two 1932 Ford Roadster bodies in mint shape, I have a 30 to 2 door sedan mint Body and Frame that my dad had in his garage for 50 years and he also had a 1932 5 Window Coupe body in mint shape except for the floorboard he also bought a 1936 Ford Cabriolet convertible Body and Frame mint shape he has a 1940 Ford Deluxe convertible he has a 1932 Ford Truck Body and doors a 1940 Ford Truck Body and doors he has and has said he had 11 complete unrestored cars parts for all of them the only thing missing was a couple frames he spent his lifetime and retirement collecting these pieces well over $100,000 in inventory when he bought them over 30 years ago my mother has a 32 Ford Cabriolet convertible in working running order with a later model Flathead in it probably not going to sell it but it might be for sale same with a 40 Ford Coupe and I believe the 34 Cabriolet convertible is my nephews as in the will it said in the four sails you must stick a price the 32 Ford Phaeton will go for $40,000 I know I saw 15 steering wheels on the Shelf 15 Drive axles on the Shelf if anybody would like any more information or would like to come see any of this stuff p.m. me I would be more than happy to show you or make arrangements for you to come look at it I have learned an awful lot by reading your columns especially on Buick nailhead as he had some of them there is countless flat heads he even went as far as buying Blaze and Milling machines and a pullmax to make his own parts my mother walked into the shop and saw all the memories and decided it was time to liquidate after reading the site for a while some of them like the 32 roadster body I have some frames there but they're not complete units and it would take me a month to post ads on just the cars and some of the parts American Pickers is scheduled 2 call in 2 to 3 weeks I've already made it past their Scout now I guess it's if the producers want to open the wallet my dad had hard to find old cars and he picked the valuable ones to collect the market had crashed and he figured he would stick his money in the old cars instead of the stock market somebody has a particular interest in any of the aforementioned please don't hesitate to p.m. I know there's guys on here dying to get a 32 roadster body Steel my dad collected nothing but Ford and All Steel I love this website there is just so much information and it's all very valuable to somebody that doesn't have it so I'm the new guy the newbie that is liquidating. I just hope I didn't screw up and get kicked off the site before I even got here I am not that computer proficient and not sure if that was okay to say what I said. Thanks and again no better site on the internet for this kind of stuff

Attached Files:

2. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'll definitely be watching this thread.

3. Anyone who would spend that much time typing must be legit......Welcome, Joez.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Joez

Joez

Thanks, I am legit I will invite anyone out to come see my Dads collection Grice car museum came out yesterday to view the collection. They said it wasn't for them although they couldn't believe the quality of parts that was there, new like 40 dash speedometer inserts, long tubular temperature gauges with 2 knobs on them they said they had one but it didn't have the knobs on it. My Father spent his life savings and entire life collecting 1932 FORD'S and me and my brother in laws neighbors all helped him go get the stuff, he spent all his spare time scouring the internet looking for parts, machines ect. If I'm so full of Shit I challenge anyone to come look at the collection I will take the time to show you just come to Du Bois, Pennsylvania bring your wallet my Dad paid over $17720.00 for the 1932 Ford Phaeton over 20 years ago and my mother wants double that plus the is 10 other cars Unrestored but parts are all there EXCEPT for 3 1932 frames.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Joez

Joez

6. Joez

Joez

7. Joez

Joez

Bring your wallet cuz I got Quality Parts to sell my dad did not buy junk I have over 10 Flathead Motors he kept every flathead motor since he was a kid

8. Joez

Joez

There was a doctor in town that had a 1940 Ford Sedan he wanted to take it to a car show the only Parts he was missing was there is 6 Chrome covered plates that fit on the front of the grill and he did not have them he came to my dad my dad had 10 sets and just gave him a set so he could take his car to the show complete

9. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

"Bring your wallet"

10. If this is for real you need to go deeper than posting on hot rod sites. Try an appraiser then an auctioneer.

To these guys, what you claim to have there is like actual Bigfoot or Elvis excreta to a scatologist, so you can see they might just be a tad skeptical.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Joez

Joez

My dad spent his life collecting this stuff, here is a picture of just 6 cars in half of the building, so here is 20180831_150556.jpg a picture of a Bigfoot and it's still a myth?

12. Joez

Joez

13. Joez

Joez

I wasn't going to post this I posted a picture of me and Hokie and boy I got hammered on it but since you brought it up about Elvis here's a story for you
    I used to play basketball till dark with this guy that was a year older than me in high school we used to play at the city park till it was so dark you couldn't even see the rim you were shooting at this guy was really good he was super quick he got MVP of Valley Forge Military Academy I didn't know that's where he went after high school I lost track of him. A couple years ago he came to the high school class reunions I don't know something like the 35th he was a year older me so I wasn't at that reunions but I knew people who were and they said he was there and I googled his name tried to find out where he was and all I could ever do is pinpoint him to the city of Philadelphia so I contact people at the high school reunion and happened to get his phone number and called him up. I said Alex I've been searching for you for over 20 years and haven't been able to find you where you been and what you been up to during the last 20 years and during the conversation I found out he had changed his last name in high school is name was Alex Murone. He said I changed my name to my birth name hear his last name is Presley, Elvis Presley is his real Uncle none of us the went to school with him ever knew it. So I find it ironic when you tell me about Bigfoot and Elvis Presley. I've already been told on this website that I must have brown eyes even though they're blue they're going to tell me I have black eyes after they get done reading this story cuz they're going to tell me I'm really full of shit. But I talked to Alex all the time and he really is related to Elvis Presley I believe you can even Google it and it will confirm it. But I'm sure I will be told I'm so full of it that I can't even stick my nose out of the cesspool, it really is an interesting story and if anybody wants to know all they got to do is PM me and I'll be glad to tell them even more details.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    kidcampbell71 and clunker like this.
  14. Joez

Joez

They'll be giving me my own little forum area and it'll be called "Joe's bullshit section" come on in for your rash in the shit today

15. Joez

Joez

Already have contacted an appraiser haven't he hasn't got back with me yet already contacted the guy in Arizona is coming to look at the stuff when he's on his way to Hershey PA American Pickers is coming too already looking into the contacts where the stuff come from, have just decided to liquidate the stuff within the past 2 weeks.

16. willishotrods

willishotrods

No ones gonna kick you off here with all those cool cars. Can’t wait to see more.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Impressive collection it's too bad you guys are letting it go... I am a Mopar guy, but I wish I had a room full of similar Dodge and Plymouth cars!

Wow.... Your dad was cool!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Joez likes this.
  18. zz29

zz29

Seems like an auction house would be a good bet. Or there might be someone in the area that knows and can sell that level of stuff on commission, to encourage them to sell it for the most money. We recently had to close my father in laws shop and he had a fraction of the car parts, engines and cars your dad had and it was weeks of work and sales and calls and postings. Unless you have the time to be selling and doing all the dances, would be better to find someone to do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. avachace

avachace

Interested in coming by to check out what you have left 4 sale. I live in Frederick MD so pretty close to you.

Sent from my XT1565 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Would you be interested in a slightly used pair of hip waders???Guarantee no leeks..

zz29 likes this.
  21. Mommie must have grounded him from computer use....

22. myclassa

myclassa
    from colorado

As of today we have purchased the contents of this estate. Would like to thank Wanda and Joe in this difficult time.
    If anyone has specific interest in any of the vehicles please feel free to send a PM
    Mike

23. Joez

Joez

Thank You Mike! Glad it was you! Good PPL. You guys need anything just call. Looks like I'll be digging out some more product for you tommorow brother.

24. Welcome to the HAMB. Sorry to here of your loss. Your dad had to be a real cool car nut. I'm sure he enjoyed his collecting. I can relate, I'm kinda the same way. I just found this thread. So I'm curious did you keep anything for youself ? Keep us posted. Thanks Ron.....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. nice collection at hand
    before you start selling, do your homework on the item

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Joez, sorry for thee loss of your Dad and welcome to the HAMB. Good luck in liquidating some real interesting stuff. Don't be afraid to ask questions and opinions. Some may even be propective buyers. Lots of guy here willbe more then happy help.
    Gary