Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Charlotte Auto Fair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grandadeo, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Time for the semi-annual Who's going the the Charlotte Auto Fair post. I plan to be there Wednesday to Sunday AM in the Orange Field XXO-15 next to my buddy Cliff's big motorhome. I'll have some Ford parts, Model A, and early V8. Also a Chevy 4 spd hydro setup for you old Junior Stocker drag racers. See you there.

Lee

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Lee : I'm sharing space EEB 124 Blue Field...Looking for '30-'31 A coupe trunklid and frt fenders...also '51-'54 Ford AT steering column...
    Will be there Thur. , Fri. , Sat.
    Give me a shout if you see/have any...
    Stan

3. Dang, that conflicts with Shades run. Since I finally have my 32 sedan going, and have a cabin, looks like I miss it AGAIN! Have fun, tell Cliff I said Hi!!

Grandadeo likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to take pics & post here

5. We'll be there, looking for a '29 - '31 roadster body.
    Goin to the Northeast Georgia swap in the morning, anyone else?

6. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Stan, I'm bringing a '30/'31 deck lid with rumble hinges.

Lee

7. Lee : I'll look you up Thursday

Grandadeo likes this.
  8. Northeast Georgia swap score. hope better luck at Charlotte Auto Fair. . .

DSC05083.JPG

9. I havent been to that in years....I need to go again.

10. While I'm new to the Auto Fair. I walked it for 4 hours, kinda disappointed but I didn't know what to expect. To me it looked like people cleaning out the corners in their garages. Not much to speak of in the way of Hot Rod stuff, but I dunno. I went for A parts etc. No shortage of Camaro's n Mustangs. . I knew I was in trouble when they had an ATM next to the food wagon lol. .

11. Went to AUTO FAIR once again. only 15 mins from home. Took a load of good old hot rod stuff original MOON tank, not moon eyes; 35-36 rear bones, set of 3 two's 5 trans shifters .lots of good old stuff. Most people did not know what they were looking at. One man asked about a V W van steering box I had, I was amazed he knew what it was and had used one on Model A. Spent 2 days in hot sun and brought most of my stuff home. I GUESS most thought they were at a museum . O WELL.maybe next year

12. Where was your camp? I walked for hours. Guess i didn't walk enough eh? Maybe the Shades and other shows had something to do with the turn out.

13. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

The Auto Fair was definatly off this go round. The green field was very sparse and there were a number of vacant spaces in the blue field. I sold most of the large items I brought which helped make some more floor space in my garage. The best part was spending time with old and new friends.

Lee

14. To lo c dan I was set up in front of BUMPER BOYS RECHROMED BUMPERS in Blue field. Good spot but very little action. BEST sale of friday was a set of SBC 3-two's at a loss. I could of made more money if I had charged all the people that handled my 65 Shelby GT 350 steering wheel (real, I believe). swap meets ..... you never know what will sell... maybe next year... JERRY DRYE STREET RODDER 71 704-786-2506

15. Thanks I'll give you a shout one day, sorry I missed ya. Not being a native, i didn't get the map to colored areas i may have gotten lost and walked in circles. I'm old lol