Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Nebraska Car Club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

This morning I was researching when ZIP codes started. According to Wikipedia, they were first used in 1963. At that time the code for Nebraska was NB. In 1969 the Canadian government requested that it be changed because they were also using NB for New Brunswick.

When I read this I wondered if I have this plaque posted on the wrong page on my site because I thought the club was based in Canada ......

[​IMG]
    A further search found that there is a small town named Valley in Douglas County in Eastern Nebraska. Is there anyone from near there that knows if this was a club in Valley, NE?

2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I got a RED X but it shows up in your Quote in my response. Valley Cruisers

3. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I'm not sure why those red X's show up after I added a link to that photo on my site. It's happened before and people have told me they can see the photo when I can't.

Let's see what happens here if I "Upload a File" .....

ValleyCruisersCC_NB.jpg

4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Did you have an answer for me?

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Sorry, I live across the river in Iowa. The town of Valley is pretty flat.

6. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I'm familiar with Valley, but don't know about whether they had this car club. Valley is a small town located between Omaha and Fremont along US275.

7. Very famous town for farmers as it is where the center pivot irrigation system was developed.
    Unless everyone in town had a hot rod back then it is a very small town for a car club........

8. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I think you are correct. I viewed the link you provided and saw this dash plaque for one of their shows .....

742512703.jpg
    Question answered.

Thanks everyone,

Bill

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Looks like the mystery is solved. But theres also Valley County in NE(braska) that has a very active car scene and a few clubs. Likley could have been them.

11. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Since the designs on the plaque and dash plaque appear to be the same, I'll stick with the Valley Cruisers being a New Brunswick, Canada club and will leave the photo of the plaque on this page on my site .....

12. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Interesting ..... after I made the above post, I noticed that my original post now has the photo shown instead of the dreaded RED X. Does anyone know why that happens? It's not the first time so I assume I'm doing something wrong.