Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Article on Jeff Norwell National Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Offset, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

2. Cool thanks for posting.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. Good read,thanks for posting. HRP

upload_2018-8-24_16-5-20.jpeg

4. that was great to read ! Love his stuff !

Jeff Norwell and Bowtie Coupe like this.

5. McClutchski

McClutchski

So much of my childhood parallels Jeff’s, it’s uncanny. I also had a art teacher who believed in my talent. She wanted me to pursue Commercial Art in High School and she even gave me the keys to the art room to work on my talents. I was building a portfolio for Art School back then too. But too many problems with alcoholism in my family and being a troubled youth, destroyed my faith in myself. I admire Jeff immensely and in a sense, he’s what I could’ve been. So, I thank God for Jeff.

Jeff Norwell and stillrunners like this.
  6. For me it was a Art Lab teacher. Mr. Whiting. Very stern but told me I had talent and not to waste it. My career path started in the trades but ended up in the Engineering field. The one thing I have always done was use my love for art in many ways. I go from one media to another ,but always using it to create. Thanks for the Jeff's story.

7. McClutchski, you still can be!!! It's a tuff world out there. You gotta believe in yourself. If you're not going to believe in yourself, why shud anyone else? Obviously, your Art teacher, who's trained in spotting talent in others, saw it in you. You can do it, man! Start slow and work your way up to Norwellian status.

8. It looks like you do use your talents. Don't stop. I know it makes me feel good when I do something creative. I am 71 and need to keep pushing. It helps.

9. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

You can still pursue your dream.That journey may not take you where you thought it should have in your youth.the beauty of your situation is that you can see things in others and mentor them.You can also see youth who are troubled like you were and help them realize a brighter future.

10. Special Ed

Special Ed

Norwell is an amazing guy in a whole bunch of ways. Great role model for any of you younger guys reading this ... :cool:

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He cheats on Diamond Deuce with that root beer coupe and that Thunder road thing :rolleyes:

He is a nice guy ! :D

12. McClutchski

McClutchski

Thank you guys for your feedback. Honestly, I was just speaking my mind and didn’t expect such a response. I’m flattered. Since I found HAMB in 2009, it sparked me to get back into drawing. If what I draw doesn’t flatter everyone, I do enjoy doing it. That’s what matters.
    OK, this thread is about Jeff. Congratulations on the article Jeff!

13. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Jeff is an inspiration. Congrats on some great ink.

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Brrruuuuuuuuusssshhhhh :) is dreamy !
    Congratulations on the article Jeff

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a good read.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Jeff Norwell...your a very accomplished man and you worked hard for it and you never fail to deliver.

Some of your schooling where your natural talent was honed I am quite familiar with as I had art related schooling as well at the same location. My career direction veered away from art but it is still close to my heart.

Hope to meet someday.

Congratulations on the ink Jeff...;)...and thanks @Offset for the heads up.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  17. 54vicky

54vicky

I see his art a ton of times here and elsewhere really enjoy seeing whatever he does.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  18. Although never being formally introduced to Jeff , I have spoke to him as a vendor at flea markets and as lately as
    this past weekend attending the 2018 Jalopy jam up !!!!
    The show was Awesome !!!!
    It is great Knowing we are so well represented by a Canadian in the US hot rod world !!!!

54vicky and Jeff Norwell like this.