Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What's it worth :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karl Fields, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

'29 chev pickup. Probably not running but is fairly complete.
    What is the value on something like this?
    Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Rusty? Beat up? Kind of tough to guesstimate a value without seeing it...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Sorry about that. Rusty, but not too beat up. Dump bed, "ran when parked about a a year ago"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too many variables the first being the condition of the wood that holds the cab together. It is pretty complete and has the dump bed so that may make it interesting to a guy who collects Old GM trucks and is into bigger trucks.
    As something with potential for a hot rod there isn't a lot there that a lot of guys might use unless they were building something that was as much antique as it was hot rod. Meaning the people looking at it may be way different in what they see as it's value. I personally have no idea as I am so far out of the loop price wise on this stuff that it isn't even a consideration.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

You buying or selling. Or asking for a friend.

6. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Guess I figured you all could just read my mind!!!
    Buying. Asking $3k. No project, just yard art

7. scotts52

scotts52

If you end up getting it, PM me.

8. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

$3000 I'd say it's worth $800 as is. $3000 If it's running and driving and has $2000 hidden under the seat

9. lol $800. A storage unit auction, a pickup about that year, already chopped, apart, no mechanicals, was cut in a bunch of places for patches to go on that someone would have to make, sold for $1200. Not sure it had any fenders with it, either.

$1500-$2000 is probably closer to right, without looking it up; pretty much depends on how the wood is.

10. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

The value would increase if the cab, hood and radiator shell are the same as a 1/2 ton.

11. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Three years ago in Modesto , not far from Livermore , I was offered a 32 Chevy truck with 9000 original miles that run and drove and looked like new for 7000 including a trailer to haul it home.

nochop likes this.
  12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice builder..to me anything cool and solid is 1500-3000.00. I'm frugal...looks like a lot of bumps and bruises...build a hot rod flatbed ...

13. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

When people ask me what a car is worth I always reply it's only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. It could be worth a lot more to some than others. I see guys all the time buy a car based on their emotions instead of skill level and end up over their heads quickly. I guess that's why you see so many project cars for sale and I hate to admit it, but it's happened to me a few times.

14. If contemplating buying a truck/car, without an idea of its worth, can lead to future surprises.
    The best deals made are the deals where the buyer has a great knowledge of the truck/car they are buying.
    You get hurt when you have no idea of cost of replacement necessary parts, and availability of those parts, and finally it's worth as a finished vehicle.
    Research before buying.

On vehicle posted, I believe you have time to do your homework on it before making an offer (I doubt if people are beating down his door to buy it).
    Good luck.

15. X-cpe

X-cpe

If its just for yard art the only questions you have to answer are,"Do I have the disposable cash?" and
    " Will it give me that much enjoyment every time I look at it?" (I guess that also goes for projects too.)

Texas Webb likes this.
  16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Friend of mine bought about the same truck last year for $800. Looks about the same condition as his. He was planning a hot little pickup out of it, haven't talked to him in a while but doubt he ever did anything with it, he's like that. He's more into drag racing, but buys stuff all the time and never does anything with it, usually ends up selling it.

17. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

If it's worth 3 grand to you, go buy it. Only you can decide that. Too many variables for anyone else to put a price on it. That's too much for me to spend on yard art.
    SPark

18. badshifter

badshifter

IMG_0312.JPG This 26/27 chevy yard art sold for $1000 a month or two ago.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm going out on a limb here and say there is not a home in Livermore for less than $1,000,000. that is one million dollars. any guesses as to value from Horsedick Idaho have little meaning here in the land of too many people and high prices for everything.

these threads crack me up.

Paint Guru likes this.
  20. This would not be an issue for a yard art piece, but living in Califorkya the absence of a title would be a detriment to the value.

21. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You left out the part that he should probably ask his wife first.

22. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

You mean my house is worth a mil? Yikes

23. speeddemon469

speeddemon469

3k.... For yard art...:confused::eek:o_O.. .w.t.h.....!. For most people.. It's worth $500 to $800 for a rebuild it stock and drive it or build a hot rod out of it. .etc... that's if it comes With a title on any given day ..!. but no title it's only worth in the real world ..$200 to $400... But if you got deep pockets 3k to buy it. Just to say you Own it etc and just to watch it rot and rust away and leak and disappear into to the ground !:confused:? And to have bitching problems .etc from ya neighbors ..etc ..and get legal and $$$ headache's down the road with the state/city/town/ E.P.A / and also problems with any code inforcement.etc... for having a unreg an uninsured veh.etc for put it in ya yard......smh...:confused::confused:o_O:(.. !!! It.makes no sence to me and the rest of the world..o_O but go for it if that's want you want and attend to do to it. Pce. o_O:confused: .:cool: .

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Getting a title in CA is not that hard, but yes, it severely cuts the value, as that process is not free.

25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, and I would not buy a Chevy anything from that era.

I am a terrible carpenter.

26. speeddemon469

speeddemon469

P.s .. Btw ..If you realy want a less expensive no problems / headaches. Etc ..yard art pice .. .. You can buy Buy a cheap used fiberglass body. And grill shell and hood .and a plastic replica engine. ie..fleabay /google it /check swapmee $_1-21.jpg $_1-20.jpg ts etc and make a cheap 2×4 wooden frame .etc and a few sheets of 1inch plywood for making box.bed.. :rolleyes:...let someone else give it a second chance at life .. let them buy it .!! and restore it or let them make a descent hot rod out of it.. cheers pce.:cool:.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018