Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I gotta say the headlight stands coming out of the hood side is starting to grow on me. I was never a big fan of the big flat fronts of the 40's truck of any make. Tie that stand in with the middle grille bar .... would be money to me

swade41 likes this.
  2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Drove to Springfield..$30
    Stayed in a motel........$75
    Paid parking.................$5
    Went to Swap meet
    Noon meal, beer..........$25
    Bought Lincoln hub cap$1.50

Total:$136.50

I now own a $136.50 Lincoln hub cap! And I’m still in Missouri!

Bones

AGELE55, LAROKE, Tomincanada and 10 others like this.
  3. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scored 4 1939 Pontiac hubcaps , grille , air cleaner , bumper guard , best of all...freebie...

Deuces, scotts52 and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Used chrome cleaner on the grille on my '51. I had it rechromed about 30 years ago, and the chrome is still excellent. I was surprised, however with the amount of minor scratches and abrasions that were on it. I waxed it when I was done, and when I moved the car out of the shop, it looked great!

Deuces and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  5. I took these photos in the mid 90's of what I didn't like..hahaha FB_IMG_1534555415323.jpg

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  6. I tried it off the middle and it looked high, the upper grill is actually 4 bars high on height. I put the light in the middle of the upper grill height. 20160905_191700-1.jpg

Chavezk21, Deuces, mkebaird and 2 others like this.
  7. Yep I got part of the yard mowed. Actually I do own several lawnmowers. I bought 4 reel type push mowers at the Hub cap Jct auction. Too much work the cows are much easier. Only drawback is I have to build fences and run electric wire around stuff I don't want the cows to eat. I also enjoyed a beverage or two! mowing yard 002.JPG mowing yard 003.JPG mowing yard 005.JPG

Deuces, badvolvo, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  8. Today I jumped back on the mirrored stainless firewall insert for the Henry J, bent the sides up and trimmed out the center, I'm digging it.
    20180817_155417.jpg 20180817_175405.jpg 20180817_145858.jpg

Deuces, chevy57dude, JOYFLEA and 2 others like this.
  9. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Put new wheels on the hoopty.
    [​IMG]

Deuces, triman62, mkebaird and 4 others like this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sat on my ass and listened to landracing dot com until the computer acted up then spent 4 hours while my online guru fixed it. Foot still hurts from too much walking last weekend and that is my excuse.. I'm old I don't need a lot of excuses anymore.

11. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Id hate to have to push that big brown mower around the yard all afternoon, looks kinda heavy .....

Deuces, Old wolf and Stogy like this.
  12. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I dig it!

Deuces, swade41 and Stogy like this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the look with the lights as you have them. That bottom pic in the other post above has a vintage custom look hiding under that 90's skin which could work as well but what your toying with again suits the nasty flavor you have going..​

swade41 likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Cows agree...:D

Deuces and Old wolf like this.
  15. Her name is Baby Cakes. She is a real pet had her since she was a baby calf. Half Jersey half Angus. When she is fresh I milk her. She can swat you pretty hard with that tail. However you don't gotta push her. she ambles around looking for the most succulent grass. I simply set in a chair and drink beer and watch them. The only problem is they don't mow evenly.

Deuces, UNSHINED 2 and Stogy like this.
  16. Maybe you could tie the reel mower to her south end, she could really mow the grass for you..ha
    Did you see on the news where that town was over run on main st with a hundred goats ? Someone was providing a mowing service for vacant lots using the goats, somehow they got loose and went down main st eating everything and anything.

Deuces, Stogy, Old wolf and 1 other person like this.
  17. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Learned a lot about Corvette water pumps. Don’t have a Corvette, but it turns out that I have a (leaking) 68 Corvette water pump, not a 74 like I thought. The difference, 1/8”, matters. So tomorrow I’ll hopefully have a 68 pump and can put this thing back together.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. Goats I know about. Ive owned them in the past. They are like Houdini. You could put a goat in a vehicle roll up all the windows and weld the doors shut and it would still escape. goats also get great joy out of jumping on vehicles creating dents marring the paint.

19. Rambling Rudy

Rambling Rudy

Mailed all the paperwork off, for my Year of Manufacture plate!

UNSHINED 2 and Stogy like this.
  20. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy, have I got some deals for you. And all you have to do is drive to Cleveland, TN to get them.

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  21. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Buildin' a roof for my TV8..
    IMG_1382[1].JPG

UNSHINED 2, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  22. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Will you make me a package deal? Need to get them cheaper! Lol

Bones

alanp561 and Deuces like this.
  23. Kustomman#1

Kustomman#1

image.jpeg I did a little more on my Mercury convertible. started to fit a 1952 meter grille!

24. Started, moved and washed my mothers OT derelict car which has been sitting in the same place about 3 months.

25. triman62

triman62

Went to the H.A.M.B. DRAGS, stayed all day had a great time.

UNSHINED 2 and Deuces like this.
  26. donno

donno

Chasing an electrical gremlin. Got power to starter, but no power to the firewall. This thing is drivin' me NUTTZ!!!!

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  27. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

AFF59B26-E3F5-4A00-8237-9D29A70B24BA.jpeg Watched this, at the H.A.M.B. Drags.

Bones
    and this

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    saltflats, UNSHINED 2, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  28. Gman0046

Gman0046

kq%dJxHyQhmMk0YTC3F%Zw.jpg Absolutely nothing. My Bubbletop is on the lift without a driveshaft. The driveshaft shop is dragging their ass getting it shortened and balanced.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  29. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Made towing arrangements to have newly purchased 50 Dodge coupe transported th Poughkeepsie tomorrow , renting a dirt floor garage temporarily till I close on my property in Fairview.. image.jpg

30. My Roadster has recently exhibited some small cooling related "issues", so decided to pull the radiator and couple of freeze plugs to clean/flush former along with engine water jackets. Both were found to have fair amount of corrosion debris deposits. After successfully(?) flushing/removing majority of that crap, went home for a (late) lunch and a brief nap, latter getting interrupted by a call from a friend urging me to get my butt back to the shop and host our (almost) weekly tradition of "cigars and whisky" tasting. :D
    Hoping to put it all back together tomorrow and take the car next week for a few day, 1000-1200 mile "test" drive. ;)

P.S. Some friends laughed today when I mentioned my desire to pull the clutch out of the Roadster, perhaps next year, just to check it out. Not that it's acting up or slipping, but merely because I'm interested in seeing its overall condition after nearly thirty years and 30+ thousand miles of periodically spirited driving.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.