Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I'm making a list of parts to start looking for

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Thanks Mark, Brenda and I will be going to Memphis in September & planning on attending Steel in Motion shortly after we get back home, I do appreciate the offer.HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  2. When I had the coupe on the lift I realized it was plumbed with the original single bore master cylinder, I lost the brakes on my first '54 Ford sedan many years ago and have always switched over to dual master cylinders for my own peace of mind, what do you guys using? HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  3. I can say from First Hand install issues, Stay Away From Master Power!! There under floor kit is just plain Krap! To go along with that there Tec support is on the same level as there Kit. There number one agenda is getting all they can out of your Wallet after that your on your own. They will tell you the in floor pedal unit will put the pedal back in the Stock location,, B.S. They will tell you the Booster can be mounted and fit flush to the bottom of the Frame Rail, B.S. When the Master Cyl they sell you is totally incorrect for your 4 corner Brakes that you talked in depth with the Sales Person will not do the Job they will tell you YOUR BRAKES are junk and you need to spend more $$$$ and buy There parts. If you do you still won't be happy. What A Bunch Of HOSER'S!!!!! Now to be fair that was 16 years ago so do your Home Work. I had a customer deal with them 5 years ago and same story. When I built the Vicky it came with No brake pedal or master parts at all. I should have went Scrounging for factory parts, at least the pedal stuff. Because of how it all ties together I would have mounted all the Stock stuff and gutted the Master cutting the end out of it and using a longer pushrod passed through it to a hand fab mounted New master mounted behind the cross member. That may not make a lot of sense to you but after looking from a fabricator point of view it's very doable for a lot less $$$. No I will not mount the Master on the Firewall in a 49-51 Ford,, it's just Wrong. It don't work with the steering column angle.
    The Wizzard

bobss396, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. flatout51

flatout51

Every single thing you are looking for or will look for can be found from shoebox central. They are great to work with and located in Oklahoma. Prices are pretty much right on too. Their website is simple to use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. flatout51

flatout51

Oh AND he has a huge salvage yard of shoeboxes. So if you need parts they dont repop he has those too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. I am well aware of the company and have no interest in their products and have no intention of relocating the master cylinder.

Thank you, HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Several years ago I went to OKC and picked up a French FH block they (Shoebox Central) had for sale. Never saw so many 49-51 fords parked in one place. We went out back and they were everywhere. I would think they could help find needed parts?

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Than you sir, I have the Shoebox Central website saved on my desktop. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  9. I talked to them today and ordered a new steel gas tank and ask about gas tank straps, the guy I talked to said they have some used ones and they would clean and paint them and send them with the gas tank.the only problem is logistics, I wont get the parts until Friday. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  10. 62rebel

62rebel

I'm glad you saved that one HRP. I had two '51's and regret ever letting them go. The first one was a business coupe, the second was a two door sedan. (silently kicking myself yet again)

3W JOHN likes this.
  11. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I'm coming to Anderson this weekend and I want to see the car.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I will be at Hershey in October and I like free beer:D What field are you in? I would like to stop in and say hello. Do you have a H.A.M.B. banner up at your spot?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Flatout : Thanks for the tip on Shoebox Central's stash of parts cars... I'm looking for a '51 steering column with T/sigs & Fordomatic...
    Stan

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. What car are you wanting to install the '51 column in, the Model A coupe? HRP

15. Yes we usually have the HAMB banner! We are in C4J 36-40's Looking forward to it. Mark

16. Be very careful,I received a group photo from this bunch of hoodlums giving me the bird! HRP

ct1932ford likes this.
  17. Randy : Its going in the A coupe (with A/T. ). I want the shift and T/sigs on the column..The Fordomatic will have the shift detent . Using a '40 wheel ,splicing in a tapered type , hollow upper shaft and using a Jeep sliding horn contact setup. Then the '40 horn button will work...Also using a '36 dash to get my speedo right in line of sight and have a glove box.
    This is an old mans car and I want everything easy to use without looking around. !!!

18. So your A is going to look something like this?
    20151023_094207.jpg

19. Not Us!:rolleyes:
    IMG_1750.JPG
    Oh This!:p
    IMG_1759.JPG
    She thought it was cool!:oops:
    IMG_1758.JPG
    Shopper! ;)

20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon