Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Opinions on copper zinc brake line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino 64, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Couple local parts stores have straight pieces; might be able to find them in your area, too.

From what I've seen; it is pretty fragile when it comes to keeping it straight not only in longer runs; but between bends as well.

I have heard/read of others having problems with uneven or off center flares when using a regular rotary double flare tool; we had an Eastwood flaring tool (like Blue ended up getting) at the garage and had no problem flares.

I wish GM had used this stuff on one car and a couple trucks of mine; but I can't see the corrosion resistance being of much importance on a hot rod.

While the workability may be a plus for some; it is still no big deal to bend and flare steel line.

Dino 64 likes this.
  2. It's great revenue for guys who want to fix the stuff.
    Dorman makes entire pre bent line kits, parts stores stock transmission lines and PS lines,
    Master cool tool makes the quick connect flairs.
    Easy money, perfectly good drivers are scrapped because every line is bad and replacement costs more than the vehicle is worth, more easy money if you pull a fix&flip.

RICH B and Dino 64 like this.