Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hamber down in Louisville at the nats!! Need help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Twofisted (Chris or CT) has been in a crash in Boston KY, just outside Louisville tonight. He was driving his A. He and his wife are ok. It looks like he needs a front axle. He drove the car down from the a Detroit area and has no way home! Please help if you can! Whether it’s with parts, tools, a helping hand or a space to repair, anything is helpful. I have his contact number if you PM me. Thanks in advance!
    IMG_1533265195.159273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have an original Henry I could ship but haven't ever checked it for kingpin hole wear, twist, camber, etc. Would probably be OK to get him back home though. There will probably be options for other axles that can be had quicker.

Are there vendors at the Nats that sell axles? There's bound to be an axle for sale at the swap meet......

Now I'll sit back with the popcorn and read all the axle failure posts that are bound to follow......

hidez57, chryslerfan55, egads and 3 others like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I would think he could get whatever he needed at the Nats.

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Very likely....

btt

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Quick bump to the top.

7. what Tim said........

8. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I’ve experience some pretty major mechanical malfunctions while at the Nats (previous years). The Rod repair shop is very helpful beginning but H.A.M.B. is just as powerful tool. Hopefully parts can be located right there. Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Back up. Sorry for his bad luck. Looks like a cool Sedan. Keep us in the loop.

10. What Don said. Hope everything works out , and glad to hear they were not hurt.

11. Truckedup

Truckedup

How did that happen?

Stogy likes this.
  12. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Morning bump.

13. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking this is a excellent opportunity to peruse the information contained in the event guide, the one that nobody reads at the event, or indeed ever, that contains lists of vendors and usually their whereabouts at the event.
    There's a list of likely candidates forming in my head!

Chris

14. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

Keepin' this up top.

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sent you a pm

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Anybody else have chris’s Number?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. Fordors

Fordors

I think you are missing one very important aspect of the situation, the accident happened in a different community.
    Of course the gentleman knows he can purchase an axle at the event and also that repairs are available but his immovable car is not currently at the event. I doubt the NSRA wants a roll back delivering his car to the fairgrounds.
    The need is a place to work, tools, jack stands, and who knows what else. From the looks of things he will no doubt need more than just an axle and help or even just moral support would be welcomed I’m sure.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Roothawg, loudbang, Floater03 and 4 others like this.
  18. I hate to see this happen to anyone,Hopefully he can find help at the show.

My pal Rene' lost control in his roadster in the rain on his way to Columbus several years ago and bent his Super Bell tube axle,the only thing he could find was one of the new aluminum axles,he bit the bullet and paid up for it, It got him home. HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. From the looks of the photo,it appears the tube axle broke. HRP

[​IMG]

jazz1, loudbang, 54vicky and 2 others like this.
  20. That's scary, especially to some one running a tube axle, although I guess anything will break if hit hard enough. Glad he's Okay.

sidevalve8ba, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  21. Yes sir,I too am happy no one was hurt, it is a good example of why Forged axles are safer. HRP

22. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Has he tried the NSRA Fellow Pages? The OP says he was just outside of Louisville so I would think there would be someone there that could help. Swapping out an axle is a pretty quick and simple repair. I would help if I wasn't over 2,000 miles away!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hate to hear about this sort of thing happening. If he needs a place to work on it, a lot of storage unit companies have outdoor storage available pretty cheap, and he could have a rollback bring it there. Then rent a car, go to the Nat's, get the parts and tools to make the repairs and head back to the car. I know it's easier said than done, but what isn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

It's my understanding that they were t-boned. The axle is collateral damage

25. He is in Boston, KY just 20 miles east of the Nats. Should be easy to get to the Nats and back. I was at the Nats in Louisville years ago and remember seeing a rollback delivering a broken down rod to the MN. rod repair shop. It has happened. Might be a solution.

26. 37gas

37gas

I helped a guy at this years power tour that rear ended a car and made his car undrivable.
    I took him to u haul and we got him a one way truck and trailer, loaded it up and sent him on his way.

Mtn Goat likes this.
  27. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I agree, if it were me, rent a trailer & a u haul pickup and git her home, take my time, fix it right and live to ride another day ( isn’t that what Master Card is for?)