Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Heat Soak

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pearcetopher, Jul 31, 2018.

1. garyf

garyf

I may be wrong ,but looking up the factory carb On your car it shows it has a bowl vent. If adjusted and working correctly it should solve your heat soak problems.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. alwaysamopar

alwaysamopar

21 replies about a problem ...and the OP hasn't even replied to verify what his problem is. You guys need to get out and drive some cars/trucks or get back in the garage and build some. Ha ha

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. alwaysamopar

alwaysamopar

4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

A quick easy cheap way to keep heat away From carb, 3/4" plywood, a carb gasket, lay out pattern of said gasket, cut out, longer studs for said 3/4 difference, Problem should be gone....

5. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

"The phenomenon known as "heat soak" occurs when the engine is turned off. At this time, the combustion process is terminated. This terminates the momentum of the crankshaft, which in turn stops the turning of the water pump. As the coolant is no longer being circulated, the engine block and cylinder temperature increase for a period of approximately 3 to 10 minutes, depending on the engine design and additional components."

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...ervoir-after-i-switch-off-engine-heatsoak.pdf

seabeecmc likes this.
  6. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Electric water pump and fan, problem solved.:cool:

7. I get heat soaked every time I walk out the door here lately. Finally going to cool down to 95 today.

8. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Learned the nomenclature back in High School Automotive Shop. Had no idea the terminology had been lost through the years. Thank you for enlightening the uninitiated. Ron

Truck64 likes this.
  9. The NASCAR tech inspectors called it heat soak too. If we were getting puffed after a race the car had to be cooled down to a certain point so the test would be accurate. My cars tended to run cooler than most but we still needed to keep them running and pour cold water over the radiator tanks, so we could pass the test and get paid.