Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Another year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Well my son another year has come and gone. While we should be celebrating your birthday, that is not to be. But we will be celebrating your memories. As a father I can only say that you were the best son a father could have. Although at times when you were a teenager I thought you might not make it to 20. Yes you tried my patience on numerous occasions, way to many to list. But in the end I could have not been any prouder of the man you turned out to be, and that is all any parent can ask for. Your kindness towards others and willingness to help those around you are legend. Even though most did not know just what you were going through. All the trials and tribulations you had to face no one should have to go through. So through it all my son I just wanted to say that I could not have asked for a better son to share our experiences with. From all the great times at the lakes and hunting trips we went on together, to working on cars and hot rods over the years. The weekend at Hawleys Drag Race experience will be firmly implanted in this ol mans memory banks. I sure wish you were still here as there is a seat for you in the Flathead digger,(even though you always kidded me on my flathead addiction) and yes a part of you rides with me on every run. As one of your old works shirts is tucked into the drivers compartment and I touch it before every run. Don't tell anyone, as its probably not approved by the NHRA but they can KMA. Yes my son this month is hard for the ol man, but I will get through it by thinking of all the things we were going to do, and how we were going to do them together. There is not a day that goes by that I wish I could still hear your voice once again, even if you were yelling at me.

me n mike at Hawleys 2005.jpg

It has been a long time since that day in January 2011 when time stood still for you.

Love always Dad

But you will always be.........
    Forever 43.jpg

and forever in my heart and soul.

Suicide sucks, if you are even thinking of doing this call the suicide hot line as there is help for you.................Call 1-800-273-8255 and do it now.......

F&J, bct, mgtstumpy and 12 others like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thank you for sharing

bct and loudbang like this.
  3. 392

Great tribute........gotta keep going. Gut check.

loudbang likes this.
  4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your loss and thanks for the reminder that we should cherish the ones we love!

loudbang likes this.

5. BJR

BJR

That brought a tear to my eyes and I don't even know you. My sincere condolences. Brian

loudbang likes this.
  6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Another here with tears flowing. Don't ever think no one cares. I hurt for you brother. I wish I could take away your pain.

loudbang likes this.
  7. I remember you posting about your son, I know you think of him all the time but when it's his birthday I'm sure it's difficult, Remember the good times. HRP
    [​IMG]

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for allowing us to share your pain. Hopefully your story will keep others from having to experience your terrible loss.

loudbang likes this.
  9. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

All the best to you. I have been there so I actually know how it feels. My boy was lost in Afghanistan but it is the same, a loss is a loss. Hopefully things will get easier to deal with. Semper Fi

F&J, loudbang and rgdavid like this.
  10. I also remember your words those years ago.Memories are forever.

loudbang likes this.
  11. rgdavid

rgdavid

Keep it going for those memories, keep celebrating his birthday,
    My wife died almost 3 yrs ago, i celibrate her birthday too, its 2 days before mine,
    Everyone here is far away, but if you writing this helps us to share your pain then i hope our thoughts can be helpfull, your dragster is one of the nicest tributes done with much love to him, peacefull voyage to your son wherever he goes in the future lifes, your a great dad loving your son, you allways will be.

loudbang likes this.
  12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your son must have been a heck of a guy.......just like his dad, I'll bet. God bless you.

loudbang likes this.
  13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

We lost our oldest son 9 years ago to cancer, he was 37. He was not really into cars or much of any thing I like as he was a sports nut. We always had a good relationship and he was a hard working and kind boy,. he went out of his way to help his friends and family every chance he got. I feel your pain and know it will never be the same with our him. As time goes on my wife and I think of our son every day as I am sure you do. We try to think of the good times and pleasant memories. We do have some peace that his terrible pain on this earth is over and he has gone to a better place. Our thoughts are with, hang in there.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I am sorry for your loss and I have no words to make it better but just know that you have all of us as support.

loudbang likes this.
  15. alwaysamopar

alwaysamopar

Sorry for you loss....being a father of two I couldn't even start to imagine how hard it must be. And THANK YOU for explaining why your sons gone . And letting us know that there is help out there. That alone serves your sons memory. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers .

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful tribute, thanks for sharing

17. 6inarow

6inarow

18. Thank all of you for your response. HRP that was a very special memory, the day we took his 56 back to him finished, love that pic......Carl

19. jbrittonjr

jbrittonjr

I am sorry for your loss.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app