Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Ford Club Coupe- I backed out Friday but I made another offer & bought it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 26, 2018.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like it alot--on my wish list too--in High school (1960) had a friend with a 49 coupe with an Olds and a hydro--fast car for the time.

2. Very nice, your a lucky guy

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. manyolcars

manyolcars

All of my 50s are sedans and I want a coupe! You did good

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. had a 49 Business Coupe, which I miss... Congrats on the shoebox !

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. jim snow

jim snow

Good stuff. I believe you have it because of your friendship. Get to it so he gets that ride. Snowman

6. I have had several opportunity's to buy some very nice sedans but with me it just had to be a coupe and it had to be a 1950, that's what my childhood friends older brother had that I liked so much and he took us to ball practice in his coupe. HRP

7. Congratulations!
    Always exciting getting a new project.
    It'll be interesting seeing where you go with this.

8. Nice lookin Shoebox, I have a 51 Custom Club Coupe.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I started out with a 51when I was 16 so have always had a soft spot for them. Congrats.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Congrats on the 50, looks like a good one. I don't blame you for holding out for a coupe, the Tudor sedans always looked to me like they forgot to make cut for the rear doors:rolleyes:

11. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Is that white or Silvertone Grey?
    On my screen it looks blueish. Silvertone had a blue... greenish hue.... not a bad color.

Shoebox 16s, black walls, shoebox cap or especially 57 dog dishes and the chrome trim down the side would do wonders for that car.

12. I believe it's white under all the dirt,the only water it has seen is rain. :D HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  13. To answer your question from your other thread... this is a Hot Rod. Stance, wheels, 351C power says hot rod, not custom. Clean up the chrome and paint, shave/louver the hood, then do some red/orange/yellow flames and you're there! If you wanna go full hot rod, ditch the C4 and 8" and do a 4-speed/9"!

Nice '50!

14. Hombre

Hombre

Well man congratulations, great looking little Hot Rod. Love the 351 Cleveland, you are too going to love it. You know I posted on your thread about your wagon right after I bought a 53 Ford ranch wagon, now you go and post about this shoebox. I bought a 1950 Coupe just two months ago. Not nearly as nice as this one you have but my wagon is not up to your's either. I'm going to start watching what you do with these cars, maybe I can get lucky with some second hand ideas...

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks good Danny. I’m with you on the whitewalls, I actually don’t like them on anything.

That should be a nice car.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I find it hard to believe that sat on the road there for three years...No matter where on the road it was our way the City would have had it taken away at the owners expense. It's all good however...even vandals didn't disturb it. Obviously it doesn't snow there either. Congratulations. Make it yours. The mags should help subsidize changes to the car.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice car, I can't believe it spent all that time parked on the street. Then again you don't have snow plows in the winter do you? Bob

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Bob, what's a snow plow? :D HRP

19. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

One of my favs. Congrats.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Good score!
    Nothing wrong with white cars!:cool:

21. ..........Might as well let me take those Halibrands off your hands. No need for you to spend time cleaning on them.:D;)

22. HiHelix

HiHelix

Dats a splendorific machine right there!!!

23. sololobo

sololobo

nice score bro, one of my bucket list rides that has managed to elude me. I know you will do it proud. Congrats!

24. zz29

zz29

Congrats Ahab!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. slowmotion

slowmotion

Congrats HRP. Always liked those shoebox Fords. Even more so after seeing the opening sequence of Thunder Road at the drive-in when I was a kid. Think tanker, dove gray, bottle caps, slightly hiked (empty) stance....Don't forget the rumble & the roar! Cool car! :D
    [​IMG]

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great shape. I’ve always liked these shoeboxes.
    I’d be tempted to make it a mild custom. Yes the color needs changed. :).
    Have you sold the banger 32?

27. Nice deal, I've always wanted one myself.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

The beginning of every track event begins with the pull of a trigger. Sounds like the start of something to me!

29. Rick, the banger went down the road,I just couldn't bring myself to change it. HRP

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    3W JOHN and Petejoe like this.
  30. Check out the wiring too. Go to the Shoebox Hambers Social Forum and see my latest posts in my thread "My new '51". Yours has probably been gone through with the Cleveland transplant but look up under the dash just to keep you safe. I; checked the brakes, greased the suspension and went over the steering, got the engine running good, checked all of the fluids then started driving it. Body work is half done (drivers side), bumpers and some chrome painted silver to get it through this summer and started driving it. About 200 miles later all of my lights started flashing, even the dash lights, dead short, and found this.:eek: 106_0089.JPG

It is parked back in the garage now, battery disconnected, getting rewired, short Summer driving it this year. Next year at least it will be painted and rid of the silver painted chrome.:cool: