Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1959 edsel ranger build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodmnm, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Stooge

Stooge

Looks great outside in the sun, especially with the new bumpers and grille, nice work!

chryslerfan55 and Hotrodmnm like this.
  2. a4t1rat

a4t1rat
    from Utah

Bleach, chryslerfan55, 55Deso and 3 others like this.
  3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. Yup. I looked at it through a fence and it does look clean and complete. For $4k I'll take a closer look at it.

5. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Thank you! It was definitely a score!

~Hotrodmnm

6. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Alright so I got the roof sanded and am in the process of priming and painting it! 20180724_110925.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

7. Keeping it white? I think it looks good 2-tone.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Yes it will be staying white, just the paint on it was the original paint so I just needed to get it off

~Hotrodmnm

9. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

And were back! 20180724_143824.jpeg 20180724_144451.jpeg 1532465227446.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

10. loudbang

loudbang

11. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Okay so I am still making progress, I ordered a gas tank that will be coming tomorrow. I have to get a new water pump. So I got mine off today and should be getting a new water pump soon. 36007.jpeg 36006.jpeg 36028.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 55Deso like this.
  12. [​IMG]

I like working on almost any car that you can easily see the ground underneath it. One thing is that you see where something went when you drop tools, bolts, parts, etc...

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

For sure! This time all my stuff just landed in a bucket of coolant;)

~Hotrodmnm

14. gatz

gatz

It's those radical tires that jack the price up.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. My stuff usually drops into a catch tray filled with oil. :mad:

16. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Well look on the bright side. It'll never rust!

~Hotrodmnm

17. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Guess what came in today! Should be getting it on tomorrow! 20180811_113426.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

18. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Got her out pressure washed, cleaned up and ready for a water pump! Updates to come!
    36156.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

chryslerfan55, loudbang and a4t1rat like this.
  19. A tip on the tank install, if it comes with a plastic piece in the fill opening, take it out 1st thing. Tip the tank down too. The one on my '59 Ford, I decided to take it out after it was installed... plop... right into the tank and I had to take it out so I could fish it out.

chryslerfan55, Hotrodmnm and loudbang like this.
  20. you go girl!
    /inspiration.

chryslerfan55, Hotrodmnm and loudbang like this.
  21. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Alright, so even though I didn't have enough time to get my gas tank in last weekend. I was able to get the waterpump on and get everything painted and looking pretty again:) so now I just need to put the radiator back in and the fuel tank and hopefully she will be on the road to a few shows soon! 20180813_170931.jpeg 20180813_194243.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

22. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Been busy with school starting on Tuesday. However I am still making progress. I had to re-solder my radiator bracket because it was being held together with BONDO. I have to get a few things from the parts store tomorrow and hopefully this weekend will be productive! 20180816_202729.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

23. It's getting close to the road! Check your wiring before you go too far as you don't want it looking like mine in my '51. 106_0089.JPG

24. It pays to take a close look at all of your wiring. During the day, it will never break down. Get stuck in a deluge after dark and its 40 out... that's when it will crap out.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

I haven't looked to hard at the wiring just yet, but everything seems to work totally fine as far as I can tell,all lights in the dash and such work. now of course everything will get looked at very closely soon too, and our cars get put away when it gets cold out, it gets below zero most of the time where we live. We drain the gas from the carburetors and fill them with WD-40 to prevent clogging. Great tip if you guys are wondering it's worked great for us.

~Hotrodmnm

26. It gets cold by me in NY but I drive the car all year unless the roads are wet with salt and snow. I had a trickle charger on it 2 years ago when I was recovering from heart surgery and working on the car. The problem with the old Ford-Edsel wiring is that they have no fuse box. Mine had inline fuses and I'm not sure if it was factory or not. My car sat somewhere for a couple of decades and everything was dried out and brittle. If yours was better cared for the wiring might be fine.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Hotrodmnm like this.
  27. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Well looks like I might have of jinxed myself, my charging system doesnt seem to be working. But on the good side I found out exactly why I bent a pushrod. My timing chain is WAY stretched. So I had to take the whole front end of the motor back apart, but should have that within a few days. And I got my gas tank back in! So I guess one step forward means two steps back 36402.jpeg 20180818_161541.jpeg 20180818_161532.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

28. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Mine doesn't really have any inline fuses aside from the normal headlights and dash stuff. But everything else is just wires.

~Hotrodmnm

29. Mine is the old cloth covered wiring so it is also older. With no fuse panel it is really not liked by me for a driver that I want to depend on. At my early retired age I want to build in some reliability while restoring and hot rodding it a bit.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Hotrodmnm like this.
  30. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

I totally get that! After this show it's going to get highly gone through and looked at, I've just been busy getting it drivable. But it will also be getting a few upgrades without taking too much away from the original aspect of it. But we will definitely see where things go! I feel like this car has a mind of it's own most of the time ;p

~Hotrodmnm