Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage TROG dates for 2019...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Hey guys, does anyone know if the Oilers have set the dates for TROG 2019?

Plans to attend next year for the first time and want to start making reservations.

Anyone one know of a decent ocean front hotel close to the event?

Thanks

2. Koz

Koz

I'm a big fan of the American Safari/Aztec/Gondolier. Owned by the same folks. Real nice to stay with. Not fancy but very clean with nice pools. This has been my home port for both the TROG and the Spring and Fall shows for years now. (609)-522-0157.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Don't need fancy!

How close is it to the venue?

Beach front balcony?

4. GimmeAnotherOne

GimmeAnotherOne

This is up the boardwalk but right on it and has ocean view rooms. Just a tramcar away!
    http://www.montegobayresortnj.com

Has indoor pool and water slides if you have kids. Bar right at the indoor pool. Also has bar on the boardwalk. Has outdoor pool also and bbq area if you bring food.

Ocean view room we had was direct facing the ocean not a side view. Had full kitchen and large stove along with small convection oven. 2 beds in bedroom and sofa pullout in living room. Balcony facing direct to ocean. Walk right out and across the boardwalk to the beach.

5. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

Looks like they are going back to an October date for 2019

6. yup announced this morning. Going back to October, 1st weekend in Oct, Oct 4th 5th and 6th, already made my reservations.

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are from the other side of the globe and was looking at the preferred host hotels seem to be either booked solid or locked out . So we just need a heads up on the next step , call direct or book something else as close as possible to the action . We tried in I think 2015 and due to hurricane Joaquin visiting and our travel plans with good buddies from TX we could not return the following weekend, so we plan to try again.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. Koz

Koz

I spoke with the Adamo at the Safari and he still has rooms available. Tell him I said to call. (609)-522-0157. Walking to all the host hotels and beach stuff. Many oceanfront rooms at the Gondolier. Better street action at the Safari. See my post above for details.

9. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Koz, Spoke to Adam and reservations made at Safari.

10. cederholm

cederholm

Curious, do you guys drive there or trailer? And if you trailer, what do you do with truck/trailer?

11. Koz

Koz

See you then Kiwi! We're in room 106, Safari. We always drive but at the Safari they do give some of the guys a meter pass to park the trailers in the street. Most guys just go back a block or two from the strip and park where there are no meters.