Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saskatchewan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hilborn283, Jan 29, 2006.

1. hilborn283

hilborn283

hello fellow HAMB-ers!!i am looking for people who live in saskatchewan.i just moved to saskatoon,and wanna meet some like minded rodders.PM me if youre from Saskatchewan anywhere!!
    -fred

2. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I'm from the Swift current area.
    Theres a few sask hambers on here, probably around 5-10.
    Where did you move from?

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Not that this has anything to really do with you guys but I cracked up when I saw this post.

I was doing some grades over this weekend and 100% of my students in my World Geo. class lost points because of your fair province.

They could either not I.D. Saskatchewan on a map quiz or if they could they missed the question because they could not spell it.

Oh, and they only had a full seven days to study for the quiz LOL.

The other item that killed them in Canada was Nunavut.

Several students thought Canada was part of the United States when I started the unit.

Another kid thought he country of Alaska defeated you and we saved you by taking them out and making that country part of the USA.

Kids, ya gotta love em...

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What's REALLY sad, is that these were college students !! :eek: :D

5. From Regina, member of Majestics car club

Building a 47 Chevy fleetline... slowly :D

Welcome aboard

6. Damn,your teaching students in the USA about something other then the USA.Heck your brave,don't let this get out or you'll get fired for being a leftwing extremist:p
    I thought you were only allowed to teach the kics down there about the USA,good to see that they'll know something about their neighbors.
    I say this because when we used to race "down south"people down there thought we lived in Igloos,and thought that soon as you got to the border there was a 15 foot wall of snow.
    I remember at one race a lady asked us "how often do you get your supplys flown in?"
    Too funny eh.

Oh yeah,theres a bunch more of Sask HAMBers then 5-10.....Shiny

7. Hey from Melville!!!! Lived in 'toontown for most of the 80's. Still have a lot of 5-6-7 buddies there. JonnieRockets and JD, and I theink Fargoguy are from up that neck of the woods too. Draggins car club are from there too, but they can be kinda "gold-chainy" :)

8. hilborn283

hilborn283

here's a funny t-shirt i saw once in winnipeg..

" Saskatchewan...easy to draw,hard to spell"

9. hilborn283

hilborn283

cool!is there alot of retro guys there?havin a hard time finding any here.tom from TSS rod and custom says regina has alot of retro..lookin to meet some nearby retro rodders..maybe even go to some local venues for tunes and food.any good shows coming up in feb?

10. hilborn283

hilborn283

moved from winnipeg.where is the swift current area?

11. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

Man too bad you moved. I'm still in winnipeg, from what I heard its better than Sask:D

Mike

12. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

When I lived in alberta we went south across the border in montana maybe 1/2hr in and got gas, the broad in the station asked where we were from and we told her Alberta, she replied "what state is that in?" lol.

Back to the topic Swift Current is about 3hrs south on the #4. Not a whole bunch of action around my area, some I guess. Regina seems to have something going for more traditionally influenced rods. Good thing about sask is there are LOTS of potential rods sitting in fields

13. len_m

len_m
    from wpg,can

hey fred. good to see you online. wpg isn't the same without you. Hope your enjoying saskabush. we just finished moving Dan into his new apartment today, Gary is now a resident of carmen (he had his parents helping him move yesterday and they still didn't discover his roadster which was in the garage). Pat O'connor (fordnutz) is a good guy from Moosejaw, he's the one i got my axle from. Take care, visit soon, maybe this time we'll all visit you.

len

14. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

15. 29SX276

29SX276

Welcome;I'm in Moose Jaw,just south of you.We've got a couple of HAMB'rs here;there's a few of us building traditional style rods.This town has a lot of cars and trucks that encompass the whole hotrod spectrum.Hope to see you some time this summer.

16. hilborn283

hilborn283

holy crap!!i forgot you were on here!how's the 'a' coming?i miss you all alot too..i saw the pics of cam's chop sequence..pretty cool!!you got some progress to make up now..cam's gonna catch up to ya!i'm comin in for easter to get tattooed by marc..and i suppose to visit..haha!when's highschool spring break?thats when adam has a week off from teaching and i am comin in then to drag the ol intersmashable home!or to new home!

17. labelkills

labelkills

I am in Arizona now but I have lots of family in Prince Albert and other areas

I am from Edmonton myself

And Damn people are stupid about Canada! My buddy thought it was an area just above Montana, about the size of Arizona. Ha!

18. tinmann

tinmann

Sssssssshhhhhhhh... hey there fellow Canucks... let's keep some of our Canadian secrets just that.... secret. If it gets out what a great place we've got up here in the "frozen north" they'll invade us. Being a former Winnipegger and now a northern B.C.'er, I've always heard that 'toontown has a huge cool car population. I think finding like-minded traditional hot rodders won't be a problem.

19. Spedley

Spedley

Hey, another Moose Jaw HAMB'r here. Definitely a diverse group of rodders in this town. There is the Draggins show comin up Easter Weekend in S'toon, its usually ok, and dont forget Majestics show in April sometime. See ya around.

20. The majestics show this year is the 40th annual show. We are drawing alot of old school rides and so far have had amazing support from local clubs in the province.

Its proving to be a show not to miss. Entry forms are online www.majesticscarclub.com

21. 66gmc

66gmc

its good to see another hamber from saskatoon
    im not sure if you americans know this or not but saskatchewan is actually an ocean and saskatoon and regina are big boats:D

22. I live in Edmonton but i am origainally from Indian Head Sk, My family still lives there so i usually cruise down once every 3 or 4 months

23. Speaking of sask, Corner gas is on in a couple minutes, I cant miss that

24. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Hey there, I am from Regina, and in the Northside Street Rods here which is primarily traditional rods or retro as you say. Actually Tom with TSS Rod & Custom up there is a member of our club too. I have posted a few posts about the sedan i am building currently if you do a search. Good to see more C'dians on here.

25. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Welcome new canadian hamber.....

Saskatchewan....After reading the teachers comments..I gotta ask this...saskatchewan is such an interesting name--Could u tell me the history of where it arose from please. ( it is kinda like the indian names in WI. - Fond du Lac, Onieda, Potawatomi, Menomonie Falls...)...

26. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

From Sasaktoon here! No project running - hell - still need a motor and a ton of knowledge.

38 dodge sedan
    29-31 cehvy roadster
    33-35 chevy flatbed truck

Jon

27. ratt7

ratt7

I'm little far away, next door to you in Winnipeg

28. PUTRID FAME

PUTRID FAME

im from saskatoon aswell im hacking a 47 international kb 1

29. Lithium1952

Lithium1952
    from Saskatoon

Hey, right on.. a lot more guys than I thought in Saskatoon.. add me as another!
    I've probably met you guys in person and didn't even know haha

'52 Ford F-1 w/flathead
    '63 Galaxie 500 w/390
    '53 Chevy sedan in progress w/whatever can make 700 - 800hp

:)

30. oiler

oiler

originally from south of Swift Current (Frontier)
    Now living northwest of you just over the border in Cold Lake Alberta
    Go Riders!!
    Jeff