Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot, hot, hot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by louisb, Jun 30, 2018.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

IT WAS NOT.

That graphic lies, there is no escape. It was probably closer to 95/100 in my part of Mass yesterday until sundown.

I turned my driveway into a shantytown to get the engine mounts in the truck. I have since ordered one of those "shade sails" I keep seeing.

received_10155259678482003.jpeg

chryslerfan55 and rjones35 like this.
  2. topher5150

topher5150

I was specifically referring to the northern part of Michigan.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and patmanta like this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

Yep.... 76°.... I could live with that..:):cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Whenever I read these threads about hot or cold, I don't understand how grown men can't figure it out, PRETTY SIMPLE !. Insulation, a heater or A/C is your friend, not that expensive, easy to do or is it guys want to bitch about something, same threads show up in winter. The people I have compassion for are the people that work in the elements, it's a choice and they are needed. I have NO sympathy for stupidity or cheapness. Think about it, if you can afford the car hobby, you certainly can buy insulation, heat or A/C. End of My Bitching this AM. Have a Great Day !

partsdawg and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

pics/details?

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  6. Yesterday, 4th of July Parade, Northern Panhandle of WV; 97% humidity, air temp of 97 Degrees = 103 feels like. Cub Scout Pack marching in the parade with me (Cub Master) bringing up the rear. All went well, boys were hydrated and got in the air conditioned VFD annex building after to cool down.:) HAPPY 4th OF JULY!:D

chryslerfan55, Deuces and pat59 like this.
  7. LAROKE

LAROKE

[​IMG]

8. F&J

F&J

Listen close...you must have enough funds to pay the electricity to run A/C in your home AND shop....some of us played the B/S life game and then some sort tragedy hit.. So screw your mindset that you have the answer for "all" of those people out there.. Have a nice day....actually, you sound bitchy too, due to the heat..lol

oh, as far as heat, I got it dicked///a tornado hit my place, and have plenty of firewood now.

maybe I should go "wind power" to feed the A/C... LMFAO

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

Guess maybe I am "Bitchy" this AM, I'm Old, I typed them/this sitting in the attached screen room to our A/C house, yes, one of my shops is heated/A/C, pole barn not. My statements are my Opinions on the subject of "Bitchin" hot or cold, my Opinion and $2.50 or less will buy you a cup of coffee anywhere I eat breakfast. Mother Nature can be/Is a Bitch, I've never seen her change it because we were unhappy with her in my lifetime " It Is What It Is " applies. Next week I'll be sitting at IOLA car corral selling our 51 Buick, hoping weather pattern changes, as here in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin we are well above avg temps with high humidity, So maybe I'll be posting "Bitchin" Opinion's are like Assholes. Everyone has One. Again, Everyone Have a Great Day !

chryslerfan55, F&J and LAROKE like this.
  10. F&J

F&J

He, He, so glad you have a great sense of humor despite the sweating going on worldwide :)

Hey, I am no spring chicken myself, kinda new to the Medicareless jambed down our throats just because we reached 65... Then the health care place sends out a home health visitor to my place to run some tests for those who might not be taking care of themselves.. so your comment about "everyone has an A-hole" kinda ties in here... LOL...My mail in "sample" kit that the guy left that day for colon cancer, came back as "failed"... I knew it would.. I ain't worried, could be a dozen other reasons, just like the report said. Sooooo, I went to a cruise tonight instead, picked up a new friend from Europe on campus, and we had a freakin blast!

Yep it was HOT, but I still hit on a BUNCH of women...each time one got anywhere near my car...I said "Hey Hon, did you see the flowers I picked just for YOU? Gets to 'em every time! I told them I made waterproof ashtrays in the 40 dash so they won't wilt in this heat. They thought that was clever.....(despite my looks)LMAO DSCN0844.JPG DSCN0845.JPG
    The woman's shoulder belongs to my long lost friend Amy, she's moving back here soon, she loves old shops and barns, old cars etc... single, about 25 years younger than me... but dang, after we all went out for ice cream up the road, she then ended up bringing my rider back home to UConn, a visiting professor from University of Innsbruck in Austria :( ....oh well...sigh..

11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

About time.

IMG_1871.gif

Rains brought low humidity here in NE.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    chryslerfan55, Deuces and F&J like this.
  12. Mike

Mike

I'm having trouble figuring out how to insulate and air condition my open carport (I 'm not all that smart), maybe you can help me with that?

chryslerfan55, Deuces and patmanta like this.
  13. wicarnut

wicarnut

Thinking with the Summer temps you are dealing with there and carport, You're screwed ! (would it help to work at night, early AM ) We are in process of finding a "Snowbird" nest in Apache Junction for 4/5 months a year to escape Wisconsin Winters and it appears I too will be with the carport deal, But fortunately have some friends in that area that are full timers with a/c garage space as they are still active in car building, myself, not so much anymore. I'm looking forward to making some new car friends in the Phoenix area and We are excited for this new adventure in our life's. I can't imagine working outside on a car in 100+ temps, ( 70-91, used to race open wheel cars and strapped them on hot summer nights, fire proof underwear, head sock, 2 layer fire suit, later years, full face helmets, Hot was an understatement ) In my youth can remember fixing my car outside in Winter temps, replacing points/condenser in below 0 is a experience, later years, 80's, on a snowmobile weekend, had to put spark plugs (only had a 100K on them) in a Chevy van, temps dropped to -10, got them in. jumped it, fired up, some minor frost bite on fingers. IT all comes back to Mother Nature, we have to play on her terms/conditions. Stay COOL

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  14. Deuces

Deuces

I got rained on yesterday afternoon.... Damn, it felt good! :)

15. louisb

louisb

Good, you needed a bath. ;)

16. Deuces

Deuces

It's not Saturday yet.....

Speedwrench, chryslerfan55 and louisb like this.
  17. Deuces likes this.
  18. X-cpe

X-cpe

Got a brother that was a roofer for forty something years. Just retired a couple of years ago in his late 60's. His friends said worst days of winter or summer he would rather be outside than in. Beat up his body though.

19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Wheather you think your hot; or think your not, you are right..68° out now and low humidity..Almost felt cold!!

20. Deuces

Deuces

Same here.... It feels great! :)

21. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

FYI, 107 degrees @ 8:45 tonight.
    UPDATE: 99 degrees @11:30

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  22. Deuces

Deuces

That blows...... :(

23. F&J

F&J

coming back from an outdoor party at midnight, I actually had to roll up the window in my 32! crazy temperature swings here.

24. louisb

louisb

The hottest and coldest I have ever been have both been in Arizona. 110 in Phoenix and -4 in Flagstaff.

—louis

25. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-7-7_5-53-48.png
    Hello,

The temps this weekend were/are horrendous in So Cal, too. Some temps were 96 on the coast to 110 inland. With several fires in San Diego and Riverside County, the air is smoky and with the heat, just awful. Inland Seal Beach: max 113 and 111 at the beach. 107 in inland Newport Beach…90s along the beach, 97 at Laguna’s Main Beach, now that is hot for beach communities up and down So Cal’s Orange County Coastline.

Just a couple of days before this onslaught of oppressive heat, I took this photo of the El Camino at a home improvement store parking lot. It looks like snow below, but it is spilled paint. Snow…So Cal summer? I don’t think so. Sometimes, not even in the winter along the coast.

But it was cold…a cold 67 degrees. (a couple of days before the heat onslaught) That is lightweight jacket/sweatshirt weather in So Cal. One day it is cold and the next, super high heat. It was even hotter than Arizona on the average. Lake Havasu, the Arizona hot spot, was 117 yesterday. Poor inland Riverside near the So Cal mountains hit 118. That is egg frying hot on the sidewalks…!

Jnaki
    upload_2018-7-7_5-54-41.png

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Anyone posting is still above the sod.
    Puts a little perspective on it.

louisb likes this.
  27. louisb

louisb

Yep, any day above ground is a good day. But that doesn’t mean we won’t piss and moan about it. ;)

—louis

chryslerfan55 and partsdawg like this.
  28. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

I only have the two car attached garage and so everything that doesnt fit in there, takes place in the driveway, which has west exposure and 4ft concrete retaining walls so its like working in a refractory oven when the sun comes around the corner.

I keep a pair of 1.5L water bottles on rotation in the freezer and retreat to the basement door (AC) when I feel overdone. This year I am sweating through every stitch of clothing, I look like I fell in a pool. The other day I loaded 2300 lbs of scrap on the flatbed and unloaded it at the scrapyard, and smelled worse than I looked.

29. Deuces

Deuces

Hey! Today is Saturday... :D
    I get to take a shower....:rolleyes:;)

chryslerfan55, Speedwrench and louisb like this.
  30. louisb

louisb

We use a bucket and cup down here. ;)

—louis