Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Colored Car Show Fliers and Stained Vinyl Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yutan Flash, Jun 17, 2018.

1. May give this a try, not sure how it will work on vinyl, though.

2. 1. Will need to keep eyes open as we did try some bleach on a wipe.
    2. Think I may have some in the garage cabinet to try.
    3. Another person suggested something similar to me.
    4. Biggest indignity car suffered was having its original engine/trans yanked for a pickup in 1973 and left to sit in a wheat field.

3. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

At least the purple stain is easier to explain than a brown one.:D

slv63 and kadillackid like this.
  4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

As hot it was that day, the perspiration from the guys/gals body got onto the flyer as they were walking around. Then transferred on to your seat. I didn`t make it to the show that day.

5. I have a white T&R interior, you guys are getting me paranoid now. I might have to leave my windows up now.

6. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Can't believe all the hate over fliers. Yes, he has a problem to deal with. This has been a common practice at car shows for many, many years and will probably continue to be so. Clubs spend a lot of time deciding on what goes on that flier and what color to make it to make it stand out from others. It wasn't done to harm you intentionally, it was done to inform you of other opportunities to share your car with others. Take it in the spirit it was meant. If you don't want fliers, don't go to shows. Put a sign in your windows "NO FLIERS". Sit directly behind your car and shoot people that reach inside with pieces of paper. I feel sorry for your problem, like I said earlier, I am having white in 2 different cars and have been following along trying to learn something. Nobody intentionally damaged your property, it was a "perfect storm" so to speak.
    SPark

verno30 and 5window like this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

^^ :rolleyes: ^^ Just because it is or has been common practice doesn't make it right or acceptable.
    Show organizers should put a stop to it and tell everyone that they will put their fliers and other stuff on a table in a location that the people who are interested can go to and select what they want.

That way there would be less trash lying on the ground or tossed into the nearest bin as happens with most of this unsolicited garbage.
    And also less aggravation from incidents like this.

Gman0046, TagMan, chevy57dude and 2 others like this.
  8. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not just coloured papers, I had the ink from a white flyer transfer to the white seat in the Brookwood. It came out easily though but still was unwanted.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the reasons I no longer go to shows or cruise nights. People don't respect your property, even some car guys.

lothiandon1940 and rjones35 like this.
  10. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

Worth a shot, I'd try hairspray. I know you are dealing with dye, but it takes pen ink out of fabric and other things quickly and easily. Grab an aerosol can of Aqua Net and give it a go.

11. 5window

5window

Seems like you're the one who suffers,sitting home alone. There are steps you can take, sure nothing's perfect,but sitting at home with your car locked up doesn't seem like much fun.

verno30 and i.rant like this.
  12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who says I'm sitting at home with my car locked up? Where did that come from?

Not that I need to explain myself to anyone, but I drive one of my old cars nearly every day and spend a lot of time in my shop working on my build. I'm actually quite happy, thank you. No idea what your problem is, but I suspect you may well be one of the ones I'm happily avoiding................

13. 5window

5window

Well, ok, no problem here. I just meant that you are missing out on the shows-but if you don't want to go, fine by me. You suspect wrongly. I respect, and don't touch or lean on or bad-mouth anyone's car. Glad you are happy., quite happy.

14. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

FYI Okay for vinyl but cautions against using on leather.

lothiandon1940 likes this.