Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 'Twas the night before going to TROG.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shawnsauto1, Jun 6, 2018.

1. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Jebco Rebuilders in Riverton, NJ. 856-829-7589 is located in NJ near Philadelphia. You could call him ahead of time and explain your situation. He may be able to give you same day turn around. He's a one man shop. He's rebuilt car generators and alternators for me in the past. Same day turn around once. He's a great guy. Been in business forever.

I know Phila sounds far from Wildwood, but he is accessible from the NJ Tpke on the way down or you could take the Atlantic City Expressway across the state to him. Google him and look at the demographics.

Worst case scenario, call him, he may know someone in the Wildwood area that can help you out.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hows the Hotrod running down there @shawnsauto1...did you get to the bottom of things with the charging system? Looks like a great event so far.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He said he was going to turn the cell phone off when he crossed the border. Probably so he doesn't a high rate for incoming calls. With that he may be out of touch until he gets back across the border.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  4. Just got back home. I picked up a cheap voltmeter from my Napa store as I left Canada. When I got to campsite I quickly stuck it in. I left alt unplugged for 20 min hwy run. Then I plugged it in cruising around town. Worked great really. No issues.
    I'll post a few pics when I get them off my wife's phone.

I might have to start a new thread about my new problem. I took out my oil pan on a dipped bump coming out of tunnel to go to the beach.
    Long story short, I didn't get to see a single race. Spent the rest of the day rescuing the car.

But when I get my pics I'll have to give a HUGE shout out to some guy called "East coast Mike". He went wayyy out of his way to help driving and even lending me his other truck.

Missing TROG wasn't so bad since he helped. I'll start another thread once I get pics.

All I know of this years TROG was it looked way more packed and busy than two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940, Tim and Stogy like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy wild turn of events...good, bad and unfortunate. At least your okay and you met with good fortune on the help front...Hope you managed to squeeze some of the event out of all of the ups and downs and it sounds like you did..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Friday was fun. Spent the day at the beach showing it to my daughter and her friend. Then my wife and I drove around Friday night. We were going to go to the chopper party. There was a huge line so we bailed. Drive around a bit more and went out for drinks.
    After the car was safe I had wanted to hopeful catch some TROG action. But started to rain and everyone was leaving.
    I was really looking forward to beach party but the clouds looked real dark
    So we left and told the girls we were going home. Drove up to NYC and spent the next day checking out Manhattan.

My daughters friend had never been outside of Ontario so I thought since I pretty much missed TROG I would give them something to remember.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  7. So I'll have lots of time to fix charging system while I figure which way I will add ground clearance to my oil pan!

One odd thing with alternator.... I was driving at night with it unplugged and not charging. One time I punched it and went faster than normal. All of a sudden alternator kicked in!
    I had to shut it off. I found at high revs it would start charging by itself!?

Stogy likes this.