Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Air compressor stolen. FOUND :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48fordnut, Jun 2, 2018.

1. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I guess this is a rant. Walked into the shop this morning to do some work and found my small roll around air compressor and hose missing. Looked all over, not covered up. It's missing It could have been gone for a week as I don't use it that often. I don't lock my shop because I haven't had any thing stolen.
    This was a pawnable item, so that is all I can see gone. Time for cameras.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Or a lock.

Eyes open out west.

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks ,Its a 150.00 a/c won't travel that far. It's at a local pawn shop.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

That's what always irks me when someone else thinks they have the right to mess with others property.

5. 34Larry

34Larry

Damn man, nothing pisses me off more than to have some asshole tweaker steal from me. Her in Seattle region it has gotten so bad everything now has to be nailed down. Next door neighbor cutting his front lawn went into his back yard garage for a couple minuets and his mower was taken right out of his yard. Feel for you my friend.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Damn that sucks. I really pity the POS that ever gets caught breaking into my garage or stealing my stuff...

weeniewawa and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  7. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

.....and the local DA will use statements like that as evidence of your general cussedness and unsuitability for civilized so-ciety, natch, should you ever (unfortunately) have to actually plug somebody. Believe it or not.

No I don't care either. Jus' Sayin. This country needs an enema, but it's gonna be a spell yet.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I don't have guns...

9. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

Jim
    if you lived closer you could use my small portable one as long as you need it. It is mainly for air tools and was used in the house. If you get this way let me know and I will get it to you. Did they take the hose?

wraymen likes this.
  10. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

There's still time, not too late yet.

11. Trying my best not to sound too paranoid;).......You better hope the intruder doesn't have any either.

lothianwilly71 and weeniewawa like this.
  12. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

In early 70s I worked for an alarm system company part time while going to college.
    There was a small engine repair place that had some break ins so I installed what back then was a sophisticated system, actually simple by today's standards. In middle of this fairly large shop was a motion detector. It was connected to a telephone dialer that could dial two numbers, I set that to call police and the shop owner. There was a microphone on it so you could hear what was going on when phone rang. The detector also started a cassette player. The alarm company owner had recorded a message..."You have been detected by Night & Day Security. There are six remote control pistols aimed at you now. Move very slowly to the floor, lay face down, hands behind your back. Do not make any unnecessary moves. The police will arrive soon".
    I installed the system but too late to complete it, so I told shop owner when he left just twist these two wires together, I'll be back next day to put a key switch on it.
    I go back next day, owner shakes my hand. That very night about 12 he had another break in! When he showed up police were there, three guys laying on floor saying "turn it off! turn it off!".

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

alanp561, gggholson, Hnstray and 7 others like this.
  13. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Alls well that ends well .Asking around, my next door neighbor needed it for some project in the house. I had told him anytime you need something just go in the shop and get it. Haven't seen him in a couple of days, ask about it , and he fesses up. Been neighbors for over 40 yrs ,and he just forgot. Big Smile.
    Thanks to all that replied . My morning is good.

alanp561, 1927graham, clem and 13 others like this.
  14. Found/returned is good and sevenhills1952 got to tell a neat story.

15. You can't knock a happy ending. The old saying "locks only keep out honest people" holds true. I would lock it down as soon as possible. MHO

16. Have a buddy that went through the same deal. Thought someone stole his engine hoist he accidentally left outside. Turns out a neighbor borrowed it and because we are getting hot again was using it with the door closed. Same deal "you can use it whenever, just grab it".

sevenhills1952 and 48fordnut like this.
  17. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

18. Even if you have permission to borrow, LEAVE A NOTE!!! My neighbor and I have the same "open shop" arrangement, but we also are careful to keep things locked up and we watch out for each other's place and call the other immediately if something looks askew.

19. catdad49

catdad49

Everyone Loves a Happy Ending, now go borrow something of his!!!!!!!!!!!!

clem, wraymen, sevenhills1952 and 3 others like this.
  20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Yes all's well that end well. Wife ask me to come stay with her ,so that's all for today folks.
    :)
    jim

sevenhills1952 and Deuces like this.
  21. Deuces

Deuces

I do!!!!!.....:D:mad::D

dirty old man and sevenhills1952 like this.
  22. Budget36

Budget36

I have found about 90% of all my stolen tools as well...

I'm my own worst enemy.

48fordnut, '51 Norm, zzford and 2 others like this.
  23. weeniewawa

weeniewawa

locked doors would eliminate 99% of this, even with the neighbor.

24. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Ok. Another true story, and any DA can use it against me...:)
    About 20 years ago about 2am we wake up to a car coming up my driveway which is quite long, in the country but not far from my neighbor friends house. So I'm at my upstairs bedroom window with my S&W
    .44 mag and although it's pretty dark I can make out what looks like 5 people in a car. I wait for several minutes, then see the dome light come on.
    What the heck I think...so I peel one off over the car. A 44 is pretty loud! What I didn't know was my buddy was at his window with his M1 carbine. When I fire, he walks a trail of bullets over towards the car.
    Next day I'm talking to my friend and it was like that car disappeared. We never knew what it was except it had a posi because two heavy black marks all the way down the road!!!!! :)
    We don't have trouble here...people think we're nuts!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

25. Glad ya didn't shoot him!

26. Put this in your yard!

OffMyLawn.jpg

27. I live in the country also. We have arlo brand cameras; simple safe security system; 3 German Shepards and alot of Sig Sauers that are loaded and scattered about for easy access. We are covered. Whenever the stones in the gravel drive make noise the dogs are on alert. If I don't expect anyone coming over they are met armed and dangerous with the dogs let out. It's best to stay in the car until it's all clear. My neighbors do the same. We do things A little different out here. I hate thieves.