Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Relay? Tailgate from IL to Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50dodge4x4, May 8, 2006.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Hey guys, Looking for a ride for a tail gate from a Dodge pickup. Tail gate is going from the north west IL to either Charlotte NC or Greensboro NC.

Gate is 22" high, 55 1/2" long and about 2" thick. This is not a rush deal, we are not under a dead line, so long as we know its safe and heading in the right direction we are cool.

Our other options are UPS, but I'm concerned about it getting there and then not being bent into a pretzle. I think it might be too big to go US Post Office, and I would have no idea how to package it.

Any help out there? I could meet someone close on my end.
    Thanks, Gene

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Lets try a back on top.

3. I shipped a dodge tailgate from SF to somewhere in S Dakota by Fed Ex ground. I just wrapped it in stretch wrap, stuck the labels on and dropped it off. Took about 3 or 4 days. It just fits under their maximum size load so don't add any bulky packageing.
    Or take it to Greyhound. I'm going to be shipping doors for 75 Dodge pickup to Texas for about $75 each. Doesn't seem to matter where I would be shipping to. Texas, Witchita, Toledo, Bangor Maine, it's the same price. About 3 days and insured.
    By the time I manage to coordinate these hamb relays, something will change and it becomes a time and money consumer. I'll do them but the Hound and the FE are much more economical.
    Of course I'm out here at the ends of the earth baking in the sun and trying not to be killed by nature. No one in their right mind travels through here. Willingly I mean.

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Well there in lays part of the problem. Grayhound does not have a terminal in Freeport any more :confused: so I'd have to drag it to Rockford to put it on the dog. And as far as I know there is not a Fed Ex here either.
    Gene

5. I have to take stuff to Oakland to ship. That's about 15 miles from me.

6. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be up in Milwaukee the weekend of the 19-20 of May and will be returning to Mooresville, NC on Sunday/Monday after. Plenty of room for your package. We could meet up somewhere when I know better exactly what my schedule will be (won't know until this Thurs or Fri). PM me.

7. HeX

HeX

Greyhound is a dice roll..............

I live in Raleigh..........I'll be going near Charlotte (Winstom-Salem to be exact) at the beginning of July.........If I can be any help let me know.

Tim

8. Primo

Primo

I'll be driving from Golden colorado to statesville NC in june if someone can meet me with it in st louis when I roll through and pick it up in statesville im down to haul it.

Primo

9. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I sent Krusty a PM. We might be able to do the Millwakee thing, depending on how the timing works out.

We are keeping the options open.
    Gene

10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I'm in ceentral illinios, might be headed north to cordova in a few days, is that the general area of the gate??? I could also drive to st louis depending on when it could be picked up there. P/M me if interested.

11. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

The tailgate is in Freeport, about a hour northeast of Cordova. Do you come up this direction often? How much time is a few days? The guy coming through St Louis will be in June.

Hopefully we will know more in the next couple days. Gene

12. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Soory forhte delay,, My schedule has changed alot ever the weekend. I won't be going to Cordova til June 10, is this gonna be to late? I would be glad to help if I can.

13. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Looks like, at this point, its hitiching a ride this weekend (may 19 & 20) from Millwaukee to North Carolina with Krusty40. If for sone reason that won't work out, I will PM you.Thanks guys,Gene