Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A roadster farm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49cadi, May 8, 2018.

1. Vanness

Vanness

He had to be the coolest uncle ever. My uncle let me shoot guns at his empty beer or whiskey bottles ..they weren’t worth saving.

Hotdoggin DaddyO and 49cadi like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sorry for your loss :( Hope you can make your Aunt smile with a ride in one of your Uncles cars. I do wish you luck. I hate to state this , but keep me in mind when you figure out what you want to sell.

49cadi and Stogy like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you and you family on the loss of your uncle. Perhaps piece together one or two of your favorites of the bunch with your uncle in mind...and I just read that you are going to do just that...as others have said quite a remarkable collection.

@49cadi do you know if he had any pics of these in their heyday. Some have hotrod/jalopy overtones?

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    49cadi likes this.
  4. I think your thread title "Roadster Farm" is appropriate. He had some nice stuff saved. Thanks for sharing the pics, I have no doubt you will be able to sell whatever you don't keep and be able to give your aunt a nice bonus cash present.

49cadi and Stogy like this.
  5. I am fascinated with the A roadster that has a '37-'39 Ford windshield surround grafted onto the cowl. Can you take some closeups of the workmanship on that?

49cadi likes this.
  6. Are you gonna sell it all at one big auction or individually?

Glad your uncle saved all of that. Looks like he had a great collection! Sorry to hear of his passing. Bet he was pretty cool!

49cadi likes this.
  7. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

That later windshield conversion on the yellow one is crazy!

Denns1989, 49cadi and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. yep...sorry for the loss....he sounded like a cool uncle.....and I'll get my letter off to Santa on a 30/31 roadster body....have a running 30 cabriolet I need to find a home for.....hint hint......

49cadi likes this.
  9. I dig that one with the later windshield frame on it.

49cadi and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Desert area, won't hurt if they set outside .

11. just wow...
    Sorry to hear about your Uncle - surely he was a car guy

49cadi likes this.
  12. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

model A heaven

49cadi likes this.
  13. 49cadi

49cadi

14. 49cadi

49cadi

15. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool pics.. Thanks for sharing them...

nunattax, 49cadi and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Google Keith Weesner's Born Bad for some inspiration for the body with the late windshield

49cadi likes this.
  17. seh

seh

Wow! What a collection. I'd take a road trip (if I had any leave left)to help you go through and move everything just to be able to look at all the cool stuff.

49cadi likes this.
  18. 49cadi

49cadi

I'll be selling right away

Sent from my SM-G892U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  19. 48stude

48stude

Thanks for posting your treasure. Just out of curiosity , is the cowl on the ground a model T ? Bill
    [​IMG]

20. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

I'd like to have the last coupe pictured. Is there any paperwork to go with the cars or matching frames to the bodies? Condolences for your loss.

Stogy likes this.
  21. Great stash, it reminds me of the place where I got my Model A truck, back in the 90's it was an estate near Pendalton OR. that had tons of A parts, I sorted through probably 10 doors to pick the best ones for my pile of parts.
    good luck with the inventory and sales.

22. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

There is a lot of art in that yard. I hope it is secure. The last similar stash I saw was an old racer's collection. His daughters posted pictures on a couple of web sites and the thieves showed up and stole truck loads of it when they were gone.

23. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i have a friend around the corner from me that has a collection like that. plus a couple more places too. he has worked in the antique business his whole life and he is about mid 80's now. still going strong. he is a restorer and won't sell to hot rodders though. he has taken a liking to me lately. i have helped him several times, moving things around, places to get things done on his daily driver o/t cars and such. i never try to buy anything from him out of respect for his beliefs. i may be building a '23 t gow job with a v8 flatty and he may soften up a little. i am more of a drag racer and he knows it, so i don't really need anything from him. all my cars are 'glass body roadsters and such. that may be why he likes me. i am not always hitting him up to buy his stuff either. i do love to go to his place and look at all his cars. which are all model A's. just to get a little insight, he must have about 30 or more frames standing up next to his garage outside.