Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Loco Banditos wild K-Daddy Thunderbird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sparkydeluxe, May 3, 2018.

1. Does anyone else remember this Loco Banditos car from back in the day? I had a picture of this thing hanging up at my work and built a 61 t-bird years ago with this exact car as inspiration. I've never seen anything like it at the time and even in person it's one of the coolest builds I can remember. As luck would have it the shop I work at acquired the car and plans to get it back on the road after nearly a decade of hiding away in storage!

Any information about it would be extremely helpful. I remember seeing it in a spread from Custom Rodder at some point but I don't remember the issue. If I recall it was in other magazines as well. Outside of the mechanical work it needs we have fairly no intention of changing a damn thing from the original build. The car has an amazing style and K-Daddy is a God among painters in my opinion. His work has held up well so why fool with it.

I've reached out to K-Daddy directly but he can't recall what issue it was in either, but was helpful in providing other info. Any help on the history or any documentation of this car would be greatly appreciated! We're going through everything and hope to see it on the road again soon!

1.jpg
    IMG_8874.jpg
    IMG_8876.jpg
    IMG_8879.jpg
    IMG_8880.jpg

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's awesome Sparky...and a very cool T-Bird...Now if I am reading correctly...:confused:...there are two...your clone and now the original has shown up at your place of doing cool stuff.

Good on your shop for doing the noble thing of just polishing away and leaving the original custom ambience intact as much as possible. It deserves no less. Thanks for sharing the story and pics ...hope others come up with more info for you...

loudbang likes this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

That is one Wild Bird, let us see the results of your 'clean up'!

loudbang likes this.
  4. QUOTE="Stogy, post: 12552356, member: 27904"]That's awesome Sparky...and a very cool T-Bird...Now if I am reading correctly...:confused:...there are two...your clone and now the original has shown up at your place of doing cool stuff.

Good on your shop for doing the noble thing of just polishing away and leaving the original custom ambience intact as much as possible. It deserves no less. Thanks for sharing the story and pics ...hope others come up with more info for you...[/QUOTE]

Oh no sorry if I wrote that wrong, I actually built a 61 that kind of had the same style but looked very different. Far from being a clone. Yeah I think keeping it as it is is the way to go!

loudbang and Stogy like this.