Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buddy Bar intake manifolds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Those bring in big bucks now days....

2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I think B/B did the original ford intakes, and edelbrock copyed them. same for chevy look at the ed F4B and the ed C3B. then there was the factory olds, pont intakes. If you want rare try the mercury webber intakes. I think all were B/B

3. Deuces

Deuces

I'll have to look into that Merc Weber intake... Got any pictures of one???

4. In about 1967, my brother bought the Ford small block 3 deuce setup for his Falcon Sprint 260. I think it was $249 plus tax for the intake,carbs, linkage, air cleaner and gaskets. I don't have a copy of the ad but that stuff was all sold as Cobra hop up parts from Ford dealers.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Too bad that stuff costs an arm and a leg these days.. :(

6. Davereeves

Davereeves
    from Ca

What's a buddy bar cobra oval air cleaner worth these days?

7. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

The problem is good reproduction air cleaners are available and unless you are a purist having a Buddy Bar part is not worth the cost. I have a number of original BB stuff, oval Cobra air cleaner, Cobra valve covers, Shelby dual quad intake.(Boss 302) I am not sure of what the original BB parts are worth, I would not give it away. My opinion is if someone wants it they will pay a fair price, or the parts make great garage art, I keep mine in a glass display case.
    Does your air cleaner have “Buddy Bar” cast on the underside of the cover? Are the Cobra letters hollow?
    Jim

8. rr64

rr64
    from Montana

There was an ultra rare COUGAR lettered intake and 48 mm two choke down draft IDA family Weber carburetor induction system for 289/non-Boss 302 engines for sale last year. Ford advertised them but not widely. (You could have purchased COUGAR lettered aluminum rocker arm covers, aluminum oil pan, or a 4V high rise aluminum intake. I have heard of a COUGAR version of the long oval air cleaner but I have never seen one.)

9. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

10. Davereeves

Davereeves
    from Ca

Yes it does have buddy bar cast on the inside and the cobra letters are hollow.

11. Deuces

Deuces

12. Davereeves

Davereeves
    from Ca

What about sbf cobra valve covers