Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Nailhead WCFB 700/200r4 TV cable mounting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Gearing up for a 700r4 swap behind my 322 Nailhead Buick. I've done some googling and didn't find much.

Who's running a WCFB carb with a 700/200r4 and how did you mount the TV cable? The easy thing would be to swap in an Edlebrock AFB style carb because there are brackets all over the internet for that. But my original WCFB works so good, I'd hate to changed it just for that.

2. Maybe adapt one of those brackets. Whatever you do be careful setting the TV cable. Bowtie overdrive has one of the best. It's a bit pricey however.

chryslerfan55 and Dan Hay like this.
  3. I'll look into that. Like you said, I am going to be careful about setting up that cable, I know it can burn up a transmission in a minute if not setup correctly.

4. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

I wonder if a Carter AFB/Edelbrock bracket set could be made to work. If not and you can't buy an off the shelf bracket for the WCFB, you could make one for the 700r4 as long as the cable pivot point is 1.094" to 1.125" from the throttle shaft centerline and it pulls in a 78 degree arc as shown in the image.

Also looks like the cable pull should be horizontal when the cable end is at 6 o'clock, which puts the bracket that actually mounts the cable 1.094" to 1.125" below the center of the throttle shaft in a horizontal plane.

Tv_geo_jake.jpg

Johnny Gee and Dan Hay like this.
  5. It is adjustable on top, once it's set up. They want you to verify that it has sufficient travel on the TV valve, seeing it's custom installation.
    Someone that's familiar with this deal could probably do it by feel.

Dan Hay likes this.
  6. iafraser39

iafraser39
    from Warmland

Check out Russ Martin at Centerville Auto.
    I believe he has just completed an adapter for a bolt
    in swap for the later tranny.

Dan Hay likes this.
  7. I plan to call Russ when I buy the adapter for the motor to trans. I'll ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Hot Rod Dan posted a good sketch. Way back I used part of a q-jet bracket on a small Holley carb and made the rest worked good then and still does.

Dan Hay likes this.