Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lots of Cadillacs - Rick's in Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slimpick, Jan 4, 2011.

1. slimpick

slimpick

I stopped by Rick's Antiques and Autos in Longview, TX last week. He has a lot of 49 to 62 Cadillacs and some Buicks. Here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

He has alot of Original chrome and parts for those cars too. Nice guy, I spent the day up there once..

3. SKYGUY

SKYGUY

4. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Isn't there someone here on the HAMB selling a bunch of those cars in the classifieds..... It sure looks like Rick's place to me in the photos.....

5. 1952henry

1952henry

What year did Cad come out with air suspension? The one pictured appears to have a compressor, unless it's an air conditioner??

6. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

First cars to have air suspension where in 1957. I believe that is an air conditioner compressor on that early 50's model in the picture.

7. slimpick

slimpick

I was wondering it is was an AC or air compressor myself. Didn't get a good enough look at it - but I did score the air cleaner assembly in that picture.

8. Marcy

Marcy

Original Patina on here has been helping him sell stuff.

Marcy

9. newpy383

newpy383

How cool would that cadillac camper be?

10. Rick Smith,,brother of Jim Smith,Hot Rod Garage,Sand Springs,OKla..Rick is one hell of a guy too...Ricks wife has an antique shop here in my home town

11. I've bought some parts from him awhile back. Reasonable and quick. May have to get more metal from him. Is his # still 903 759 1390 ?

12. Yes,Phone number is correct.....3310 Birdwell Lane,Longview,Texas

13. Abomination

Abomination

14. Went to the auction yesterday, not a big turnout like they were expecting. I picked up two parts cars for under $300 a piece. Some decent builders went from $400-800. There were a few that went higher than they prolly ever should've and others that weren't even close to what we were expecting to see. Lots of stuff going to scrap. Parts seemed to be hit and miss but furniture building material (front and rear clips, bumpers, etc.) was definitely sought after. Pulled engines were priced at $25 a pop after there was very little interest during bidding and included several complete 365-390s and even a couple of complete 401 nailheads. The proxibid catalog is still up online if anyone is interested in seeing the sales prices on the cars. Its fairly accurate. The majority of the cars you will see priced in the $150-225 range went to the scrap man.