Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to Uncle Sam's Pie Eating Contest (USPEC)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Feb 12, 2018.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Wow been in your family as long as I have been on the sunny side.

2. yah, dad bought it with the money he earned helping the farm across the street. Dad's excited to see it back on the road

3. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Oh no now David tanner is gonna have step up his game will your blown small block 32 chevy do this lol
    [​IMG]

I really like it man just something about those chevys

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Now Jackson....how many pedaled in Davids cars?
    Looks like a pan that would hold so many clutches it would scare you. :D

5. Don't think my muncie will hold up.....:mad:
    But the aluminum lung will push 16psi:)

loudbang, enloe and saltflats like this.
  6. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

It's only needs one clutch and my car only has two pedals lol and I had just as good of a wheelstand lol

pbrasap my car only has a 58 model ford 3 speed surely your Muncie is stronger lol besides it's all about the combo and David has it spot on that car has run high 8's and will hang the front end quite frequently funny thing is he only pushes about 8 lbs of boost and that blower will makes a whole lot more than that

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

PBRmeASAP, enloe and loudbang like this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

He has it figured out for sure.;)
    They are a great bunch,:) even asked if I would give you a chance. :D
    I have learned one thing, take advantage when you can because when the advantage is all you have you better be there. ;)

enloe and loudbang like this.
  8. haha, got plenty of pics of that 32 saved, that thing is bad ass!

loudbang likes this.
  9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

That's some great family history. Look forward to seeing it at the drags. My 34 was stored by the same family from about 1959 to 2008, when they sold it to me. One of these days, I'll finish it, and run it at both USPEC, and The Melt Down.

4.jpg L. Caddy V8 3.jpg

10. For those not following along with the facebook page, Radir has signed on to be the main sponsor for the USPEC this year. In the owner's words "I believe this is the next great thing to happen, kind of like TROG..." Ok, we will take that! Radir is giving away 4 sets of pie's at the event, will have a bunch for sale and is also taking orders for anything someone wants delivered to the event.
    I think everyone knows, but for those who don't, the entire Meltdown staff are all volunteers. We have never, and will never, take one penny of profit. Every last nickel and dime goes to support the event and buy the give away stuff. It helps when we get big sponsors like Radir. Anyway, we do it for the fun... that's it. Side note: If anyone knows a company that would like to donate a give away or sponsor part of the event, please PM me. USPEC is just starting to germinate and we believe it will grow to (well, not quite) Meltdown proportions... And slightly off topic but still close, Eastwood, Quick Performance and Competition Products are all signed on for the Meltdown and brining their rigs so we are getting some really great stuff in the vendor area... Thanks for all the support!

11. Thanks for the update. Please keep us unfacebook people updated with any new news

loudbang likes this.
  12. jimdillon

jimdillon

Had my new slicks mounted today and also my Traction Masters came UPS. As soon as it gets a tad warmer I will change out the slapper bars for the Traction Masters. April is around the corner and before we know it June will be upon us and we will be having all sorts of fun.

I agree keep us non Facebook guys in the loop. Facebook seems like a distraction in a way and I need more distractions like the proverbial Carter needs liver pills

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

You know we will need pics when you get done.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and SLCK64 like this.
  14. jimdillon

jimdillon

Will do Enloe. Funny thing though is seeing how simple the Traction Masters are I looked and I have some steel that I could make another set, so I will do that before installation and have another pair just in case I need them on another one of my projects. The slicks I probably wont mount anytime soon. I run Hurst pie crusts as my regular tires anyways on the red car and the black car so the new tires will not look much different-just want to save a good set for track use I suppose.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and enloe like this.
  15. Jim, what car ya running?

16. jimdillon

jimdillon

I am running the black 62. I have run it in the Meltdown in stock class as it is a driver that is mainly stock. The engine is a stock 327/365 that I bought new in 1977 from Penske Chevrolet. Looking forward to the event this June for sure. It is also registered for the Meltdown. The red car would be fun (and I have run it in the past) and I plan on working on it this spring or summer to see if I can get some more caster as it would be fun to get it back on the track for an occasional run (BBC).

I believe you are running a 327 as well but yours may have a little more oomph but they may make for a great picture. 7-25-12 002r.jpg

Found a picture from a few years ago before I put the slapper bars on it. You will notice I have pie crusts on it which I have run for years.

17. awesome!!!!!! we outta line them up if nothing else just a fun run. I'd love to have a pic of both on the track

18. jimdillon

jimdillon

I agree sounds good. Not enough pictures of these old Vettes where they really belong.

loudbang, enloe and PBRmeASAP like this.
  19. pie crusts were on before the motor was back in:) piecrust.jpg

20. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Regretfully I need to withdraw USPEC entry #10. Not sure how full registration is but maybe this will help another racer get in. I sold the car, sorry to anyone who was looking forward to blowing my doors off.
    DSC_0221.JPG DSC_0226.JPG

21. ^ Mike get it back? staying local?

loudbang likes this.
  22. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

It wasn't for sale but for Mike it was for sale, he got it back it's in Austin TX

23. awesome car, musta been fun to own...cool Mike's getting it back

Zettle Bros., loudbang and BigDrag like this.
  24. ^^^(not to get offtrack here) here's what that A coupe looked like when Mike got it from me,... he and Andy did a great job on it, glad he got it back...but would've been neat to see it run at Byron...
    30 A coupe 007.jpg 30 A coupe 011.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  25. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Was it being used for ice fishing in Minnesota or something like that?
    I wanted to be part of the first USPEC to the point of entering a show car, maybe it's best in Mike's hands, he's pretty happy to have it back. The 7 years I had it were just pure luck I don't think it will ever be for sale again.

Zettle Bros., PBRmeASAP and loudbang like this.
  26. ^^^ exactly, was used on the frozen lakes for ice fishing,...you can see the exhaust stack on the passenger side so it wouldn't melt the ice,...hood sides were swapped with louvers to the front ?,...was made into a pickup and the guy hauled his boat on the roof and rear rack,..still had tire chains on it when I bought it...what a nice save on this one.

27. Dude... buy my '41 :)

chryslerfan55, loudbang and BigDrag like this.
  28. At least bring the Altered to show off!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  29. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

I like the USPEC format and won't miss it regardless, this has to be the purest vintage event since 1966. I could bring the project but it does have a few USPEC offensive parts on the engine.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  30. Roadsir

Roadsir

@Okiedoker Is registration still open, and Cal Tracs OK? I ran the Fallout last year on Towel City tires....12.63 Best before breaking an axle. 40 hamb drags 2017.jpg .