Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Another possible scammer here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deucetruck, Mar 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Hello HAMB'ers. I posted a want ad for a '34 Ford coupe recently and was contacted by a BRIAN DELIE, from Green Bay, WI, (area code 920). He says he has two coupes for sale. Great. Member since about 2015 but no posts. OK? Wanted my telephone number, my email address. Why?
    When I asked him to send me pics here or post in the classified - nothing.
    Now if I am wrong, I will be the first to apologize, but. Just a word to the wise out there.......

Roger

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Could be he wants to talk to you or to send pics directly.
    Some don't want to post pics here.
    Not everyone is "talkative" online.
    I could be wrong.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm guessing he wanted to speak to you like people used to do, and send pictures to your email address.
    not seeing any scam here.

4. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

If you are looking for one why wouldn't you want to talk to him. Doesn't sound like a scam yet to me. I don't think you should throw his name out there as a scammer.

partsdawg likes this.

5. adam401

adam401

I just pmed him about the coupes. Thanks for the heads up they're getting hard to find.

6. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I googled his name. Says no BRIAN DELIE, in greenbay.

7. Probably not going to find a bostonhemi in your local whitepages,just saying.

I wouldn't worry about letting him know my e-mail or phone number,seems like everybody that want's to sell me time shares and vacation cruises already have it. HRP

8. oldolds

oldolds

He might be like a lot of my older friends. They read a fair amount of internet stuff. Seldom post because the really do not know how. Prob doesn't know how to take or post a pic. They have the wife or grandchild do the contact or send the email. They are used to talking about things. Give him a chance and let him have a phone number.

9. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Kind of weird, I had a missed call from Green Bay, WI. on Friday and checked my voice messages and didn't have a new one. I don't know anyone in WI. and don't answer calls if I don't recognize the number. If it's important, they will leave a msg. I guessed it was a wrong number or a salesman.
    Or Jimmy Graham was calling to say goodbye to all the Seahawks fans.:rolleyes:

10. Fordors

Fordors

There is a Delie Plumbing in Pulaski, WI, about 20 miles from Green Bay.
    Everybody has heard of the Green Bay Packers, maybe he just said GB because it was more recognizable and you would know what area he was from.
    Like others have said he just might be legit and have a good deal.

11. Guy wants your phone nr or email address? Why doesn't he call the FBI as they can furnish it. Course if he had a computer he could use 411.com or reverse pages. My numbers are in the book and easy to google but if the guy won't do that but asks you directly it's obviously a scam. Thanks for the heads up on this guy, I'll add him to my Christmas card list.

12. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

OK. Never mind. Sorry.

13. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just for the hec of it google it n find out :)

14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it is a little early to brand the guy as a scammer. Be careful, yes, as you always should be. In the event he wants money sent via Western Union or Walmart then you should be concerned.

Not yet.

Texas57 and Hollywood-East like this.