Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB accepting newer years to the forum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrap metal 48, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Not trying to start anything and this will probably get deleted but was wondering if the Hamb forum would follow suit as NSRA and GoodGuys among others that are accepting later years.. Something like pre-unleaded or 1972 and older.. I like the Hamb as is and all my cars are or have been Hamb friendly.. I think there are still plenty of people that like the Hamb as is, I was just wondering.....

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

If you realize that, you are trying to start something........

3. town sedan

town sedan

Trouble maker. Let's hope not. Let in everyone else, so we can become like everyone else.
    -Dave

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Why do you^^ think that.. I feel it is a valid curious question...

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

You answered your own question.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the Goodguys are going up to 1981 this year - I have 1 OT ride that does not meet the requirements here but, there are other forums for it - trying to keep within the traditional frame work is what this site is for

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's pointing out that since you said "this will probably get deleted" you understand what this board is all about.

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

If you read the forum rules and understand them then you should know that it isn’t a valid question.
    And you know what curiosity did to the cat.

9. town sedan

town sedan

Grew up thinking V8 Vega's and Pinto's were cool hot rods. Would I want one today? No, but I would like to take one out to abuse if I can borrow yours.

It all comes down to the fact that if you don't know where you came from you'll not understand where your going. Think of the HAMB as a living museum to some extent. Besides I've found from all the cars I've owned, the newer they are the harder and less fun they are to work on. Example: compare replacing the heater core in an early 60's Ford to doing the same thing on an early 70's Ford. No thanks, I'd have the early one finished before I'd ever get the dash apart on the new one.

Who's making popcorn?
    -Dave

Reds 29 likes this.
  10. oj

oj

I'd be ok if they rolled the Hamb back to '59. There's plenty of sites that have the newer 'hot rods' that I am not a member of and I don't see any point in adding another one.

Just Gary and alchemy like this.
  11. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

The G.G. website shows that they are accepting vehicles '87 & earlier starting this year.....:-(....

I think that the HAMB should remain as-is..LOTS of other sites available
    for newer stuff.....

scrap metal 48 and Max Gearhead like this.
  12. With the open door policy of NSRA & Goodguys the cars have expanded far beyond 1972, now it's 1988 and earlier.

I for one appreciate everything the NSRA did to help promote hot rods back when the public took a dim view and promoted it as a family friendly activity.

I believe many of us reentered the pre 48 car hobby during that time and were content with the cars falling under that banner.

Although I always wondered why pre 48 because it weeded out the 49-51 Mercurys,why not open it a little more but the wide sweep didn't make a lot of people happy and they quit supporting both NSRA & GOODGUYS.

I don't thing traditional hot rods & customs will ever include later models. HRP

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    40ragtopdown likes this.
  13. Graystoke

Graystoke

YIKES !!

Traditional to me is pre-Muscle Cars (63-64)

14. belair

belair

You've been here long enough to know the answer to your question. Why dilute what we like with stuff we don't? There's sites for those other cars.

15. RonaldR

RonaldR

I say leave it as it is, if the GG want to expand to later years have at it. I don't and never will attend GG shows. Ron

16. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My car is not "period perfect" but I'd like to see NO CHANGE, at my age, many of my peers are more muscle car oriented and they can have their blogs, I've had one flathead (that scratched my itch) in a 49 Ford, the current owner of that ride makes it look far better than I did and certainly more period perfect. Here is how that car sits now (the flat motor had a crack that I didn't know it had, he painted it as well as trimmed it, fits right here now, just as it did when I owned it) DSC03205.JPG

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The Hamb has a very narrow focus... It is not for everybody. the internet is a very big place. there are forums that fit every part of every hobby. With that said, Ryan tightened up guidelines here a few years ago. It would be foolish to go the other way now. This question should have been posted in the questions and suggestions area (if at all)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.