Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question about car shippers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bowtie56jw, Feb 8, 2018.

1. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

Hiya fellers, have any of you used Truthful transport to ship a car?
    im selling a car and the buyer is using them to take it from me in Illinois down to him in Florida open trailer.
    in turn i need a car picked up out in Rhode island and brought to me in Illinois, i want an enclosed trailer and ive checked with Bill,Racinman and bob h here on the hamb o dex and none of them can do it for me. i talked to loademup and got a quote also reliable and got a quote, have any of you used another company? anyone else i should contact?
    Thanks man
    Jeff

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Jeff,

Your only concern should be the safe transport of your car.

Just because someone pulls the trailer behind a truck does not make them a business.

A business carries insurance on the vehicles they haul.

It is another bad Winter.

There is little to no demand to haul cars into Rhode Island in the winter.

Wait until the Spring.

Jim

3. Hi Jeff,

Sorry I was not able to get you onto my busy schedule. I always feel bad when I have to turn down a fellow Hamber, but there are only so many hours in a day & I run the heck out of them already.

There are literally HUNDREDS of classic/hot rods, etc being delivered within a hundred miles of where your vehicle is located every day, so you should not have a problem finding a transporter.

If you go with Reliable you will be fine, when I am delivering to Sema, Barrett-Jackson, etc they are always well represented & have quality equipment. If you go with a smaller less know transporter, make sure you get their full name so you can do a google search on them, there is some scary stuff out there. Also you want to see pictures of their equipment to make sure they are using an actual vehicle trailer with a drive in rear door, not a cargo trailer.

Start your own Haggartey, Grundy, Am. Collector, etc type insurance as soon as you purchase the vehicle. Never rely on someones "Cargo Insurance". Also once the vehicle is purchased, the seller is under no obligation to keep insurance on it.

I still have your information on my board in case something changes on my schedule, but it is doubtful.

God Bless & Best of Luck
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

Thank you again Bill, im still holding out hope that you become available lol.
    I also am using the info you gave me on whom else to use. i called my insurance co and am insuring the car before it leaves the original owners garage. ive herd and read so many horror stories about shipping cars that im scared to even attempt it.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.

5. ShadowRuleZ

ShadowRuleZ
    from Detroit

I just had a car shipped last month, I went with a local transporter who ended up brokering it on central dispatch since they couldn't move the car for me based on where their trucks were. I wanted an enclosed from Arkansas to Michigan and it took about two weeks before we found someone to take the car. I put a lot of trust in the broker to vet the transporter, but after two weeks I felt like I wore out my patience with the seller and was willing to take anybody.

6. Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

bumping back up

8. Hi Jeff,

It was a pleasure meeting you & having the opportunity to deliver your new 57! She is beautiful & runs great! I am glad I was able to fit you in on my schedule after all. I always try my best to help as many as possible & being able to deliver 80 miles from where yours was located was a plus. I had mostly good weather & was able to get to the motorcycle museum to deliver after I left your place right on time. Sorry I could not have breakfast with you, but appreciate the offer!

God Bless & Enjoy Your New Ride!
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

IMG_20180304_172613587 (640x360).jpg

Straight30weight and bowtie56jw like this.
  9. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

I cant thank you enough Bill you are definitely the man!!!!!

Bill's Auto Works likes this.