Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical new 94's from China

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deadbeat, Feb 7, 2018.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

deadbeat likes this.
  2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't get the hang of this "pasting" thing. How do you keep the keyboard from getting all sticky?

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually @deadbeat got his video up and running pretty quick...so he must have dry pasting down to a science.

Seriously Alan these are computer terms that go back and yes they can be a little crazy to decipher.

Dry paste Alan...no glue...:p

If you might be serious that means to left click on text or pic hold and drag to select. when text is all selected release hold and left click into post and right click select paste...done.

Or...select text or pic then hit keys Ctrl c then left click into post and hit keys Ctrl v...done

2 ways good luck...;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    deadbeat likes this.
  4. deadbeat

deadbeat

The only reason I haven't said from where is because I thought there may be some rules against posting advertising from other sites etc. Don't want to upset anyone.
    Cheers

Stogy likes this.
  5. deadbeat

deadbeat

Maybe so,,will let you know if it does, lol. But atm it looks like less of a chance as the original carb fueled up so bad I had a sump full of gas, twice, and no matter what I did with rebuild, new kits,cleaning etc I had to shit can it and got this one.
    Cheers

6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

You can tell zinc alloy (aka pot metal etc.) from aluminium because the zinc is about as heavy as steel or cast iron, while the aluminium is as light as aluminum.

deadbeat likes this.
  7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Deadbeat. Do those carbs have Venturi vacuum port?

8. deadbeat

deadbeat

Inked2018-02-17 18.05.45_LI.jpg
    Inked2018-02-17 18.05.45_LI.jpg
    @Petejoe
    Is this the Venturi you are referring too? If it is there is a brass plug in there.
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  9. An interesting read all this.Pleased your new carb worked for you,would not of been short of a few told you so,ers if you had dramas with it.Good outcome so far.
    And so true,the 94s can be a bitch to seal,only talking of the few I have played with.
    Out of interest what fuel pressure are you running and how about a pic of the whole car?

deadbeat likes this.
  10. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

deadbeat likes this.
  12. deadbeat

deadbeat

2018-01-27 13.46.13.jpg
    Currently just a tad under 3lb's on a cheap gauge. Honestly I could just head down to the shed, a few pumps on the gas and it will run after she has warmed up. I haven't hooked up the choke. Cant blame people for being negative about them but for me over here its a cheaper alternative.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@deadbeat I think that's the first Rocker-Cover Dash I've ever seen...That is a Rocker -Cover right? :rolleyes:

Cool Hotrod there...;)
    Many happy miles ahead to you...​

deadbeat likes this.
  14. deadbeat

deadbeat

Lol,,yeah used an old FE valve cover. There used to be a cover of alloy and there were way too many holes underneath. Piece of irrigation pipe for the speedo,molded it in and whamo,instant dash 2016-10-16 16.39.43.jpg

Stogy likes this.