Register now to get rid of these ads!

History History on Bacon and Sons Ford Hermosa Beach, Cali Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VintageIgnition, Feb 16, 2018.

1. VintageIgnition

VintageIgnition
    Alliance Vendor
    from ma

Hi Guys,

Looking for info on this dealership. There's a few pics floating around the net of the place, but info is scarce. I've got a 57 TBird sold there new and am trying to track down info and a set of plate frames. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. toml24

toml24

From my book "Memories of the California Jalopy Association" are these 2 photos I got from Roger Bacon and the photo of the car on a pole is from a 1962 Italian movie called "Smog", supplied by a fellow HAMBer.
    1958-BACON1-thunderbirds at car lot.jpg 1958-BACON2-the car lot.jpg 1962-Les Bacon and Sons Ford-1953 Customline in movie Smog.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  3. VintageIgnition

VintageIgnition
    Alliance Vendor
    from ma

Hi, Thanks for posting. The first two pics I have but the car on the pole is very cool! Any other info on the dealer available? I have searched high and low and have not come up with one ounce of memorabilia for the place. I'd love to get a plate frame for my tbird. It was sold new by Roger Bacon. I've spoken to him but can't say he was very helpful.

loudbang likes this.
  4. toml24

toml24

I spent an afternoon with Roger Bacon when I was doing research for my book, and Mr. Bacon allowed me a very rare chance to look into the Bacon Family archives consisting of several boxes, mostly paper history, and almost no photo history. Thw 2 photos I got is just about all there was. Some small photos were glued to a poster board and impossible for me to reproduce and those were limited in historical quality, so I had to pass on them. I'm grateful Mr. Bacon gave me access to the family memorabilia but there just was not much in the way of quality photos. If there are additional photos of Les Bacon and Son's Ford. I don't think they came from the Bacon family. As far as plate frames, I did not see any but I'm sure they are out there in EBAY land or elsewhere.

loudbang likes this.