Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney drag way championship

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Feb 15, 2018.

1. spanners

spanners

Bad luck, I'm back. Well, almost. Track championships start at Sydney tomorrow, Saturday 17th. Hands up who wants race reports? Probably won't be till Sunday night anyway so let me know.

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  2. bobw

bobw

3. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

Any pics from the presentation the other night Pete that i could use for the Hambster Garage page please

Sent from my SM-G900I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

6. spanners

spanners

Okay. Seeing as you asked nicely I'll see what I can come up with.:)
    As for Black Knight's request, unfortunately we couldn't make the presentation as my Mum was shifted into intensive care for heart trouble so I opted out. She's on the mend now.

7. bobw

bobw

Glad your Mum is getting better.

8. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. spanners

spanners

image.jpeg Here's Ezio the 2017 championship winner and the other mug, me, runner up.

10. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

11. spanners

spanners

Four cars fronted for the first round of the championships. Me, Ezio, James and Anthony. James' dad was instrumental in getting the HAMBsters up and running in Australia so he's keen to keep the bracket going.
    Gerard's car is still in sick bay after the pistons tried to escape to the outside of the block via the sump last year but hopes to have it running by next round and there's supposed to be another HAMBster nearly completed. The more the merrier.
    Just to get off the track (pardon the pun), it's been reported that one of the Queensland teams has managed to go 11.98 @ 125mph. Slant 6 Chrysler, twin carbs, 3 speed Chrysler gearbox and I think an L300 diff. That's hooting as far as I'm concerned. This is a home built, back shed tuned and maintained car with no fancy engine shop sponsorship. Back to the programme. My apologies as my car camera was playing up again so I don't have a lot of in car stuff.
    First run was 13.65 which I thought wasn't too bad for off the trailer with Ezio doing 15.76. Anthony had a single run with James having an oil leak.

Crosley likes this.
  12. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Thanks for the ride. That thing sounds great.

13. spanners

spanners

Thanks Tom. I wring the poor bugger's neck and usually it comes back for more.
    I got heaps of wheelspin in the second qualifying run and did a 14.09.
    Third qualifying was better with a 13.84 against James (15.187). Sorry, this is where the car camera started playing up so there's no in car video for these runs.
    First qualifying run was against Ezio who took the win. I couldn't reel him in because for some reason the old grey motor went off song in the second half of the run (13.915 against Ezio's 15.754 on a 15.60 dial).

You may've noticed at the end of the run I had trouble changing back gears to slow down. This was a sign of things to come.
    This is James and Anthony's run with both of them breaking out with James taking the win.

More tomorrow.

Crosley likes this.
  14. spanners

spanners

Second run was against Anthony who was battling clutch slippage but it didn't matter as I redlit and handed him the win. I suppose a .008 redlight is still a redlight no matter how you say it? Ezio took the win over James.
    Third run Ezio and Anthony battled it out. This was different for Ezio because he had to chase someone. He still managed to win.

I was up against James and if I won there was still a chance of getting a run in the final. You know what they say about the best laid plans.......

Clutch master cylinder decided it didn't want to play anymore. The gearbox is a 3 speed synchro and it wouldn't shift without a clutch. First mechanical gremlin in a long time so I can't complain.
    Ezio and James fought out the final with James taking the win. Congratulations to the young fella. Sorry, no video from the 'stands as the crew chief's camera had a hissy fit as well.
    Round 2 is on 24th March. Hooroo.

Crosley likes this.
  15. BS!

BS!

Good report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Thanks for the pics, vids, and commentaries. I thoroughly enjoy your keeping us up on the shenanigans over there, as it's the only way we'll get the news. Please keep'em coming. :cool:

And I promise to do better on our end this year, as unlike last year I'll be getting to indulge in more than two races. :D

17. spanners

spanners

Thanks for the support. I'm looking forward to what you lot are up to.

18. bobw

bobw

Damn, you should be filling the stands for you guys. Once again, the videos are inspiring. Hoping to see some videos from Old6 this year.

19. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I always like your videos and pics you guys have got it going on.

20. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

yuuup. Thanks for the reports and the vids

21. spanners

spanners

Thanks very much for watching and for the kind words. I think I've got the camera gremlins fixed. The SD card didn't like being reformatted (erased) each time so a new one was required. I hope to be back for the next round but it depends if I'm back from my holiday to Western Australia. As we are travelling on the Indian Pacific train I won't be able to take the HAMBster. Trust me, I tried to find a way.