Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any Cheap Sandblasting Shops Around DFW?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZakBradshaw, Feb 14, 2018.

1. ZakBradshaw

ZakBradshaw

I just stripped everything off my 56 F-100 frame and am considering having it sandblasted. Does anyone know of any hole in the wall shops that do sandblasting cheap around Fort Worth?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. cpd682

cpd682
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from DFW, Texas

North Texas customs in Wylie did a nice job on a 32 Body for me.
    Not cheapest option but nice work.

FlyFisher likes this.
  3. sunbeam

sunbeam

Cheap sand blasting went out when the government decided sand was hazardous

4. 5window

5window

I think you want affordable. "Cheap" could ruin your stuff. A fool with bad equipment would be cheap.

5. If you want to sandblast that frame, you're not done taking it apart, yet

stillrunners likes this.
  6. 5window

5window

Government, or no government, media blasting is a dangerous sport. You'd be a complete idiot several times over to sand blast without safety equipment. But, true, a knowledgeable person with up to date gear and good safety standards will not be cheap.

7. sunbeam

sunbeam

A local guy I used quit because the price of sand went way up after the ruling.

8. Second recommendation for these guys. They did my blasting and epoxy seal. Did a great job. No problems for me.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5window likes this.
  9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Crap. First chrome, now sandblasting. Wait'll Gore finds out about powdercoating!

1956 F100 likes this.
  10. RMONTY

RMONTY

I talked to a guy up in Sherman that seemed reasonable... I cant remember who it was but it was $200 an hour to do the frame and he estimated 2 hours. Seemed reasonable to me. I googled for sandblasters in North Texas/Texoma and he came up. I ended up buying various wire wheels and wire cups and did it like that. Was a lot less than $400 Turned out ok as it wasn't a show car frame. Your mileage may vary.

stillrunners likes this.
  11. 5window

5window

You can blame Environmental Al, but if you look at the regulations (https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=9734) they were first written in 1974-Richard Nixon. There is still no law prohibiting an individual from doing their own work and ruining their own health. Doesn't seem quite sportsmanlike to ask someone else to ruin theirs so you can have a bright and shiny car for cheap.

More to the point, here's the page you want: http://www.northtxcustoms.com/services/media-blasting/

12. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

another recommendation for NTX customs. they did a bunch of stuff for me and are first class. If you just want a runner kind of quality, wire wheel it and POR-15