Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need the little grilles, 36 Plymouth P.U.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Feb 8, 2018.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

upload_2018-2-8_11-42-0.png

Looking for a friend of a friend.Some young girl hit the back of a truck like this and knocked it into the car in front of it.See the 2 little grille things under headlights? wreck broke both of them.(they are cast) Don't think they are re-poed.The tin part is ok, just the cast parts are broke. Anyone have any, or know where he can get a couple.Again its friend of a friend, and i have put a add in wanted section.

2. 30tudor likes this.
  3. Oh....by the way....1937 was the very first year for the Plymouth pickup truck. There was no 1936 Plymouth pickup truck. The truck may have been sold in 1936 and registered as a 1936, but that was a common thing to do back then. Those are 1936 Dodge Brothers CAR fenders as the Plymouth and Dodge pickups did not have the little horn grilles. 1937 Plymouth pickup.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

AHH he may have said 37.I've been to sleep(a Little ) since then.Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

I thought 38 was the first Ply. PU
    If you have the pieces it may be possible to weld/solder it all back together and then plate.
    Ask good plating companies if they can do the repair work.
    Not all platers do pot metal/die cast repair.

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Muggy Weld for castings?

7. Gerrys

Gerrys

Worst case could try installing a signal light if you could find something that was close.

8. jbh

jbh

maybe some for a 36 without the grilles?

9. That looks like a combination of a 1936 Dodge and 1936 Plymouth grille assembly. Maybe they were different than the USA made trucks. I know some Dodge front clips were attached to Plymouth bodies later in Canada.