Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Wide whites, Roll your own. (Again)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rivguy, Jan 28, 2018.

1. rivguy

rivguy

I've been away for quite awhile. I am going to revisit the subject of painted whitewalls. I bought a '51 Jaguar sedan last Summer. It uses 6.50 x 16 bias ply tires. The ones on the car are really bad. Going to see what I can come up with on the cheap. Tires and Wide Whites. Will share my results. I've been blogging on my own for the last four years, but haven't forgotten this site.

2. 5brown1

5brown1

Take a look at Caswell White Tire paint. Google it. I have not used it.

3. rivguy

rivguy

SAM_0567 - Edited.jpg
    This wheel has been used as my avatar. It was painted with white spray primer, over ten years ago. It was sitting face down in the ivy for almost all those years. It was just an experiment. I read about this in the British mag, Rolls and Pleats. I dug it out of the bushes and cleaned it up some. There was some cracking but only some color loss near the rim in one area.

SAM_0569 - Edited.jpg

SAM_0571 - Edited.jpg

SAM_0572.JPG
    It doesn't look too bad. The quality of those Buick hubcaps can't be denied. More updates as they occur.

4. Pics of the Jag please...

5. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Jaguars never look good with WW tires. It's a performance sedan. Black tires are the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. I think the Jag looks great with WWs!

7. bobbytnm

bobbytnm