Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1936 Ford sheetmetal on a 1937 Body

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by spillaneswillys, Feb 3, 2018.

1. I am looking at a project that is a 1937 Ford Coupe Body. I can't seem to track down on the interweb if 35 to 36 sheetmetal will work on it. Let me know. Thanks

2. `35 or `36 front sheetmetal will not directly bolt on to a `37.....but anything is possible with some work

3. where does most of the modification need to take place?

4. Where the front sheet metal meets the body. Same at the back. And running boards.

5. hopefully,,in your shop....(ask a silly question,get a silly answer)

6. eberhama

eberhama

Other than the frame itself, '37 is completely different from front to back then a '36. No part of it will interchange.

7. Thanks for the info a fenderless car it my be!

8. i've seen it done , i think someone on here has done it?

9. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No matter what it takes, DO IT. The world doesn't need another fenderless '37 Ford.

cretin and harpo1313 like this.
  10. fortynut

fortynut

My solution would be to find a '36 firewall and exchange it for the '37. Then use templates for the running boards and build my own using as much of the '36 stuff as I could. For rear fenders find some '37 ones. That appears to be a better solution than cobbling together a pair of Frankenfords. Opinions may vary. But, I have considered building a Deluxe Forty pickup using a similar method.