Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot August Nights/ Virginia City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Jan 24, 2018.

1. hudson48

hudson48

I am planning a trip to USA this year and deciding where and what to go to. This will be the second phase of a road trip and the first stop is Salina KS for the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular. Then I thought I would go to the NSRA Nats in Louisville and then across to Bonneville for Speed Week(did it in 2010 and would like to go again). So then I read that Hot August Nights is on in Reno and thought maybe do that instead of Louisville. Also about the same time is Virginia City event. this is a much smaller event and maybe more attractive to me. I hope to be doing this in my Hudson and the cost of attending the Hot August Nights is probably the most expensive event entry I have seen!!($150-$220). The cost for Virginia City is good at only $40.
    Either of these(or both) would give me time to get back up to Bonneville around the start of Speed Week. Any thoughts on the Reno/Virginia City events.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

You will have a great time, I used to go to VC once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Get-R-Booked at that price, I'm surprised it's that cheap as Hot August Nights boils over into the other towns and VC has a pretty good draw.

Poh likes this.
  4. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Our favorite hotel there is the Tahoe House.. it is probably the most expensive, but is definitely the nicest , the SilverQueen being the least expensive, and pretty shoddy, the Silverland Inn is basically a chain style motel. And at the bottom of the hill. The Sugarloaf, is ok too, just at the far end of town.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Hudson,
    I know it is January, but, if you get to Reno during the Hot August Nights, this is a photo shoot I would like to see, if you have the time. The two times we were there, time constraints did not allow me to shoot what I thought was a cool shot. A time exposure shot of hot rods cruising near the Reno Arch at night, showing the moving headlights or trailing tailights.

Back in November, I posted a story about getting up in the multistory garage at night for a photo shoot of hot rods cruising below.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/artsy-car-pics-lets-see-em.380363/page-30

If you get the chance to go to Reno at night, try getting up in that garage, second or third level to get some color, night, time exposure shots of the cars below. If you get the Reno Arch sign in the background, the better. But, it may draw the photo away from the hot rods cruising. Also, the brightness may darken your photos.

Jnaki
    upload_2018-1-25_8-16-10.png
    upload_2018-1-25_8-17-9.png 3 seconds
    upload_2018-1-25_8-17-35.png 2 seconds