Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real Street Ram (Usage)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old.hot.rodder, Sep 20, 2013.

1. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

I have interest in putting a tunnel ram on my 1930 coupe. I want to know if anyone is running a "Real Street Ram" on their car. This is sold by Colorado Hot Rods. Are you happy with it? Good and bad ? Thanks

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like something worth checking into. https://www.realstreetram.com/
    The biggest down side to tunnel rams on the street was the effective RPM range. Looks like these guys figured it out, but my thought would be, why not just use a regular dual quad setup?

3. So it is a Weiand with different tops ????

4. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

On the model A the motor looks a little lost so the tunnel ram fills the cavity. I just hope the setup lives to the add.

5. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Looks like voodoo to me.

6. pila38

pila38

I may be wrong here (it happens a lot)...but this looks like a band-aid for putting a tunnel ram on an engine that should never have a tunnel ram on it. If you build the engine and the car around it to run a tunnel ram (even on the street), you should be able to tune it to run just fine. Of course the MPG will suck, but if you're building something like this, MPG is not your intent anyway. And yes, I do happen to have a tunnel-rammed street car and am in the process of building another.
    PS- in no way is it my intent to insult anyone...I'm just curious.

7. blackout

blackout

I had a Weiand tunnel ram on a 30 coupe. 4 speed, 3.70. 2 390 Holleys well tuned, ran perfectly at any speed, so they can work great in a light car with proper gears, pump cams and secondary plates. Try it, you'll like it.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The thing is, guys with a stock engine want the tunnel ram look. I can understand wanting the look because it is bad ass. Getting the look and not wanting to pay for it happens all the time. It's up to the individual to make his choice and this setup is just trying to cater to a group that's usually passed over, when it comes to tunnel rams.

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That looks kinda like a dual quad with thick ass carb spacers. Part of the tunnel ram "look" is the large plenum on top, that just doesn't have it. Not a bad look, but an almost look.:rolleyes:

10. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

I appreciate the input I have gotten. Thanks

11. kaboo

kaboo

I just ordered one of these. I have a small block 350 with Edelbrock performer rpm heads. I don't know the cam specs. The motor did pull 423hp on the dyno. It came with my car when I bought it so my knowledge of the motor is limited. It has the rpm heads and an rpm intake. The guy said it had a "matching" cam. I assume there is a cam recommended for this set up. I'm wanting the tunnel ram look and keep the low end torque. I guess I'll find out soon.

12. I had a tunnel ram on a street driven funny car, back in 1972. 426 wedge Mopar with a 727 tranny, ran well!
    163992_176175375748736_100000688246359_446928_3856241_n.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Nailhead Jason like this.
  13. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

I remember pictures of that car "back in the day" , always loved it! BTW the Falcon is MOPAR powered!

14. Cool Falcon!!

15. Scott

Scott

Any more on this?

16. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Put it on, set the idle and go. Sounds to good t be true.

17. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Neither one of my tunnel ram engines were built to run one but they came to life when I installed them. Maybe you could find a good used one instead of this "new style". These are not that pricey.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

18. ChoppaScott

ChoppaScott

Sorry to dredge up an old post but curious to see if anyone has experiences with these Street Rams from Colorado Hot Rods?

19. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

We never heard back from kaboo, would be good to hear from him on his experience with it.

20. Eh!Bob

Eh!Bob

Yes would be great to know how this worked out , has anybody ran one ?