Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Scroadster tops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doodlrodz, Jan 10, 2018.

1. F&J

F&J

but there is a price to pay for having so many rusty things here... I am SO broke!1 I am not kidding!! but I am laughing right now... It will turn around, it always does! I got my health back mostly, still some lyme pains today, but I will stay busy as it is warm today! I just almost wish my vw wagon was still broken...I might see another rusty thing that needs saving..

ohooweee, my tummy again... I went to yet another endless summers worth of estate deals...ok, I went to buy a cheap early vw low mile bug for a Massachusetts long time vw friend...got it pulled out from a collapsed carriage shed barn addition, for $200! it is still here for the winter as he lives in a tight neighborhood and ...I don't!!

ok, but you think I got back in my truck? ,,,nooooooo, Frank needs a f-n "quick" tour...oh geeebus...the truck (and my work bay) is filling up with smalls after several fun visits..I swear I went there those times as the whole bunch I meet there are FUN! But noooo, I end up rescuing a 1800s Studebaker horse drawn FANCY "convertible" (meaning a wagon for supply fetchin in town, but converts to FANCY multi seats for visiting or church), including a childrens bench seat!

Wow, It was toast as far as the HUGE diameter wheels, ...but the fancy woodworked body was still up off the barn cellar dirt floor and in NICE shape! I buy the body first, even though the head guy said "never gonna sell that one"...oh...then me and My good friend get that body unbolted?? shit, the chassis parts like axles and whatnot...way too fancy to let rot!...so it took days to get them to sell those BUT the stalled part was they REFUSED to sell the seats as they "were going to use them as porch décor"..Well, I never fail !! LOL,,,meaning DRAIN my fundings!! I sure as Chit did! ...all year long.. I cannot find enough room in my buildings "to change my mind" I think that is an old school saying!! Bye, I am trying to make a key cut by hand, so I can unlock the back doors on my "estate found" low mile 82 RV van! ...that was a different estate..of course it was... LMAO

Hnstray likes this.
  2. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yep, that's my car...

Thanks for the nice words. DSC_1945.JPG

3. It is a nice car. ;)

Classy in a hot rod sort of a way. :cool:

LOL mine is graduated in 1/8" increments, got it at the lumber yard. :D

Now we are back to the yardstick again.

So if I decide to call my Crosley Bing can we call all crosleys Bing?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. joe buck

joe buck

It is a beauty!

metalshapes likes this.