Register now to get rid of these ads!

Profile Pages!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Dick Stevens, Jan 5, 2018.

1. F&J

F&J

good sentence..Don. Hey, just your thoughts on why many people these modern times feel better running very little information...do you think the bad news in the many different news services (over many years) tend to make people a bit hesitant?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. I think its a combination of things. Identity theft, hacking, robberies, breaking and entering, stalking, governmental spying, big business gathering all kinds of information on individuals...just a number of things that could make someone think like Michael Jackson sang.....♪"Sometimes I feel like...somebody's watching me".

F&J and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. My statement is more or less a analogy if you will.

The smattering of information on our profiles is nothing compared to all the information that was compromised in the outrageous Equafax hacking debacle a while back that effected practically everyone in the United States. HRP

4. I wish that was the case on fordbarn. I've never been more scammed by more people in the classifieds in any of my other hobbies than I have simply tryifng to buy original Model A parts on fordbarn.

I made a thread. Got deleted.

I posted a comment about it. Got deleted.

I PMed mods about one particular scammer. Ignored. That one really annoys me because before my posts got deleted, other folks PMed me to say they've been scammed by the same guy. Yet, he's there, every day.. promoting his business. Hell, he's probably on this forum, too. Maybe he's a big time contributor behind the scenes..

Is there a way to leave feedback for folks in the classified sections here or there? I've basically written off buying anything on either site because I'm tired of getting scammed with bogus ads, crappy parts, etc.. I have to stick with dreaded ebay where everything is overpriced but there's at least a little bit of buyer protection.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Man I’m sorry to hear of all the trouble that you’ve been having Nathan_1929. I went a little different way when working my project. Once I found the first honest vendor, I asked them who I should contact about other parts needed. It worked very well, birds of a feather flock together. As far as your deletions are concerned, some of the Veterans of the H.A.M.B may have some explanation . I’m clueless. I spent years reading the Message board before I posted anything, and have found some most to be honest car loving people. My experience with the jalopy Journal has been good. E-bay not so much. Good luck, hopefully better times are ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

F&J likes this.
  6. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Actually he sang... “I ALWAYS feel like... somebody’s watching me” in the Rockwell song who sang the reply following line... “and I have no privacy”.... and so fourth

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

56don likes this.
  7. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    alanp561, 31hotrodguy, F&J and 2 others like this.
  8. F&J

F&J

I will man up and admit I had that terrible temporary condition happen to me way, way back in the very early days of the net! (we were told it was so bad out there, that you should only use a incorrect first name! and then "they" cannot stalk you!.) I am SERIOUS!

You cannot understand the sheer terror of that affliction! I was convinced beyond words that a person was after me, and was casing me, I could barely go outside to my then new shop! I'd peek out windows first, looking for cars, before going to my shop! it was so horrible. Mine I am sure, was seeded by being in a truly horrible marriage in the end, and it messed up her, to be, to this day, over-concerned about me! Geez, near 16 years now! I have a new life since then, but she has had a very tough haul since then possibly still afflicted by a much milder form of what I had!

Mine went away completely!!, no idea that is what I had, UNTIL it was gone! I never went for a doctors help, as I knew there was nothing wrong with me (in my then state of mind)..and I apparently went to....Friends!.. They were the ones who must have kinda gently guided me to the facts that nothing was "going on" out there! So today, I just hope I can help others, like I've been helped so many times, so many different ways in my life, so I decided to put my info up. Hey, I have no clue, but having my info out front, might let a sad person know that someone gives a shit? IDK!

Wow, check the bassist at 2:15 in...

then go look for the real actual video of this song ...i'd fit right the fuck in with that crew, I fit in everywhere now! I try to get people to throw that f';n TV news in the dumpster where it belongs! you are being mind'f'd!! I said a few days ago that I can't get the Asian college cuties to smile? Oh, I met an Asian college guy and one gal in the Dollar store, a day or two ago, I asked what country they are from??.. they said CHINA, so I went super WOW with a huge smile and said "COOL", and as I like motioned with a swing of my hand?...they then put theirs out for a handshake!.. INCLUDING the cutie! All SO happy some old guy was impressed with meeting his first Chinese "friends". Rock IT!

Hey, if someone is stalking me, whoa, did you see that really happy, "slightly heavy" blonde hugging the heck out of me in the Dollar store yesterday! Hey, I can take a hint, so I grabbed a hug back, in appreciation as we parted! I am so open now..and having so much fun talking with total strangers from around the planet...and it is all right here, local! Oh, and that college student one with the beautiful long long straight hair with really awesome, but very faintly colored streaks of reds, purple and blues..... I just had to go to her to compliment the wildness of the individuality showing in her HAIR! She was so happy that I did approach her! She said I was the first to do that, as a friend in a cosmetology course just "did a makeover to her" as a "project" that required in that friends course!

I love not caring about fear anymore, I am 66, ya know? hint, hint.. I NOW have tons of exciting people to talk with here, and ALL are smiling then, including me...life is good now! Bye!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. F&J

F&J

Youse guys got me on a roll...lmfao.. I live in a VERY diverse area and Fucking love it! We have people from all over, and a large group of Hispanic or should I include all the islands, the entire South American continent, Mexico, you name it! We all ROCK! together... I always try to get mostly into that area if possible to shop Etc!

Being on FB was short for me, I was so truly disgusted to see my "ugly inside" family, show even more of their shitness. I have, ooops HAD an older sister and her hubby, both candy pants, thinking one hour on Sunday and HE will fix everything! They adopted two brothers from Colombia SA, as tots, spent tons of $$$ and several trips to the orphanage trying to bribe or whatever, to get them here! Older one is a paramedic, I have not seen him in 5 years even though he still lives with them and we have our FAMILY dinners there! the other is a incredibly obese, pathetically lazy, never had a job to speak of, 30 year old worthless "thing"..STILL living at home! He had the "stone"s to post on there: "Hey Whitey!, check this out" as he proudly posted the vids of those football losers kneeling. Oh boy, this dick thinks he's being discriminated as a black, but he is part Inca IMO! oh, poor baby, as a teen got in a scuffle with just two teenaged whites at a gas station...big deal, get on with life!

Lighten up on me, ok?, trying to prove that life and modern peoples here are so freaking cool, all it takes is being totally open! here are some local peeps of mine..
    100_2282.JPG 'The hidden guy with light grey hat is the Dad from Poland! one son sitting behind counter manning phone/computer, other is out back a second to get something, guy in center is... I said "where you from?_ "Jamaica?" he says yezz , I say "You raztahhh?" he says "yezz.. mon"... Lol! Ok, I was there with tiny gifts from the mental Institution Students gift barn, and I had to go out back with the "white guys "shown here...I said Oh, my gifts on the seats behind me... The Razz says, "Nobody touch dem mon!" "I be here!" LOL, you f;n bet!

100_2274.JPG
    and the other side of the tracks in life!!! Here is a dead end road... I spied this eclectic decorated house from a distance down river... I somehow ended up parked down the end, out of sight here... The elderly woman owner sees me standing outside my wagon, she yells HI! ...never saw she was sitting on the porch! Then gives me a guided tour of all her "stuff" oh, THEN invites ME to the annual street Christmas party with bonfires in the street, caroling, food, her hubby plays piano with doors and windows open to hear it! WoW, I missed it by a week,but she said "You come next year"!! "Andy and Molly" were the names she gave me, before those other two walked by and we all talked on a nice warm winters day! Oh, SHE is ANDY, Molly is her Black Lab you can't see here! Rock IT!
    100_2271.JPG

I have met thousands of people this year, and you'd better believe THAT!

So take your Fucking shitbag evil news TV and pop a few rounds in it for me, will ya?? huh? I don't carry, nor possess, but damn sure stand behind those that do...Ok? Have fun out there! there is so much good!

chryslerfan55 and rjones35 like this.
  10. F&J

F&J

Andy's home...and others are OUR home!...us that live in the USA

100_1948.JPG 100_1899.JPG 100_2273.JPG 100_2119.JPG 100_2120.JPG 100_2121.JPG 100_2125.JPG 100_2130.JPG 100_2129.JPG 100_2175.JPG

11. F&J

F&J

think...

..then read the railroad bridge message.. "free yourself from....fear"... Dec 2017

earlier this past 2017 year, I took the same picture location, it had said for a long time.. "free yourself from ....this"

all pics near the Dam...I go there a lot...

100_1919.JPG 100_1900.JPG 100_1904.JPG 100_1902.JPG 100_1895.JPG

12. Yep, my bad, you are correct. I figured that out after I posted it but didn't bother to change it since it didn't matter and Michael doesn't care anymore.

chryslerfan55 and Runnin shine like this.
  13. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

Personal information should be left up to the newbie. It’s their option. In this society we live in, you can find out almost anything about a person if ya wanted to bad enough. If you wanna get to know someone more, ask them in a pvt conversation. There’s too much control in this society as it is, we dont need any more. That is unless you voted for Hillary.

chryslerfan55 and F&J like this.
  14. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Rant much?

15. I see what you did there. That's Funny!! :p

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. oj

oj

Good subject, I can't quote Michael Jackson songs (and wouldn't on a hot rod site) but I did update my profile a little.

Dick Stevens and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. But I'm in WIT SEC. :D :D :D

I am with ya, You can put a lot of information in your profile without revealing too much about your private life and make it easier for any or all of us to get a grip on who we are chatting with.

I actually sent some guys over to beat you up and burn your garage down the other day. They promised that the guy was dressed like this.

[​IMG]
    and had an old beat up falcon. Hmmmmmnnnnn I hope they didn't get the wrong house. :D :D :D

You are pretty exactly correct. In your case neighborhood would narrow it down a bit, like say Portero or Mission. Pretty much the same for me, Raytown is a bigger clue than KCMO or KC Metro. I just don't think that I own anything anyone would want and while I probably deserve a certain amount of getting even with I doubt that anyone would really cross the street to try it with me. I just don't figure I am worth anyone's time. ;)

For some of us just knowing someone's general location, like say New York as opposed to Oklahoma ( no offense intended here) may make understanding what is actually being said a little bit easier, understanding what someone is saying makes for less drama.

18. F&J

F&J

chryslerfan55 and Poh like this.
  19. rjones35

rjones35

I wear an aluminum foil hat and don't sleep much, if that helps anybody.

20. Don't get me started on the old posting internet photos with clearly readable license plates versus greeking out the plates so they're illegible. I'm not going down that rabbit hole today. :confused:

21. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Not so much, just seemed a little off topic, but hey, what ever keeps you going.

22. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Humour" with seriously what I am trying to say and share in a post is not exactly my best forte. I definitely try Two hard ...and then, well, that's left to interpretation of the reader. Stirs up the probability of awkward drama. Sure.
    But, to belong to anything ...one has gotta give it a go. Yes, often it's an over attempt. But WHAT hot rod hasn't been an over attempt at some point, and then re-adjusted again and again until it fits "just right" and every onlooker JUST GETS IT !
    porknbeaner ...well, he is a master at the serious and the humour. And so are SOOOOO many of the other members. But, it is that level of sharing and not fearing that makes one care so much for what they have to say, and to aide a better think(or, thunk in my case).
    I appreciate getting a sense of the individual, either by way of a profile or a post. Perhaps, then I get a better sense of a "HOW TO" that they are sharing and I am stealing ...and then adjusting that to my hot rod build.
    I thank Members for their words, offbeat or otherwise.
    Please don't hide in fear. You have a neat car, so pull up to the front lawn and don't leave it in the parking lot way out back. It's actually way safer out front, than getting the door ding you didn't think would happen back there.
    S2

chryslerfan55 and Dick Stevens like this.
  23. F&J

F&J

Hi Poh, Thank you for your very polite Reply! I appreciate it a lot, not kidding here at all, my friend! It took me 66 years on earth to get where I needed to be, Thanks, Again, Frank

24. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Not a problem Frank enjoy many more.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, Dick Stevens and F&J like this.
  25. F&J

F&J

not really your point, but having it known that you have a unusual or vintage car? ..it brings people TO you for conversation, and just maybe a friend ,,, or multiple friends.

I have only driven vintage daily's since around 1995, at first purely to get away from the pointless (back then-only), the "idle-only" emissions tests! Being a mechanic all my life, that test was pointless in a very rural area I lived in, NO stuck in traffic long duration idling ...And if you ever ran an emissions tester, you'd see the Co/Hydro levels DIVE hard as soon as you barely accelerate the rpms!

So, we would sit in lines for over an hour each time, everyone was frustrated,(including the test crews) busy lives have no time for this BS...OLDER cars never had to go through the tests!! it was "25 years old exempt" then.

But!, then it was so easy to notice that wherever I went, on the road or at a gas station or store...."stuck up?" Connecticut people approached me like bees on honey! I never once thought I was too busy to share some smiles! (but I still don't have a Cutie?) WTH? lmao

edit.. lol.. ok, my dailt]y wagon mild custom Lol.. it broke down for the first ever time in 10 years, two snow storms ago...My son was available to tow me home with our trailer...thev EFI pump was dead.. Ok, I have had terrible spleep issues 4 days now, way below zero weather here, finally a warm day today.. but I;m up since 1AM!..ok, sitting ion snow, d]=got to jack up the nose to test 12v at the pump under there...well, waiting this long, 2? weeks...I knew the wipers died from too stiff old grease as I tried to leave the Bank the day it started to snow there! then the car died! So, I need to look at a diagram to know for sure if someone hooked a wire wrong at the fuses? The fuse blew for the wipers, then that was also for one pump relay?? Ok 3 minute fix, so off I go Baby!! To my favorite close place to visit wsith the regulars at noon break! the Dam!
    Got there 10 minutes early, empty lot...hmmmmnnn , those cracked, bald tires should ber able to handle somew serious DONUTS!!

Then just kick back ! on a warm CT winter day! all is good, and now that I am not paranoid of people sneakin up behind me? Sit on the edge of the dam!!!

Nope, nobody pushed me off...so far!...,,, but the week's not done yet!

left here after the noon guys and even gals showed up to enjoy the warmth and sun for a change...then up the hill to the shop of a local club..the goddess was laughing as I floored that no exhaust heap in the snowed driveway...yes siree, I got TWO very nicely done hugs from her...ooohhhhh she is a nice tall one...25 year old nurse, not one of my known nurses, but long long straight brown hair...and...no, I'd better stop there! 100_2410.JPG 100_2445.JPG 100_2446.JPG 100_2447.JPG 100_2448.JPG 100_2451.JPG 100_2452.JPG

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I think this thread needs to be brought back up, because there are so many members that will not fill out their profiles for some unknown reason! Maybe the people that don't have their profiles filled out will consider doing so.

Thor1, hotrodharry2 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  27. Budget36

Budget36

Aw heck, the internet makes everyone a next door neighbor.
    I went through the thread and read @gimpyshotrods post, geesh, that was 4 years ago!
    Probably now you can have a thing in your pocket that will do it all.
    I don’t know why I put my location in, but I figured why not? It’s personal choice.

Thor1 and gimpyshotrods like this.
  28. We just hired a guy at my work who is “very intense “ has a whole list of conspiracy theories on everything going on in the world today and why we are all going to heck in a hand basket and how in just a few years it’s going to be mad max road warrior times !!!!

Before he started with us he got a job as an in-house tech at a very large company, amazing pay , benefits company truck et etc .
    They wanted his thumb prints as that’s how you clock in and out of work and open the security doors in the place .

he refused to give out his “ genetic information “
    Fought with management for a week and then they shit canned him.

I dunno ? You really wanna steal my identity? Shit man , I don’t even want to be me , I’m pretty sure you’ll get board in a couple days being me too :D

I got another guy at work who believes all these conspiracy theories as well and found out today he drinks and puts in his eyes his own piss !!! Every . Single . Day !!

so yeah , sometimes a little personal space and anonymity is good !!:confused:

Thor1 and anthony myrick like this.
  29. Geez Louise, check the plumbing for lead and see if someone might be spiking the coffee machine.

Thor1 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  30. twenty8

twenty8

Just quietly, there's a few of those swimming around in the HAMB pool already..... :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

As for loading your profile with too much of your personal info, let's just say that it is not very wise these days. The older the person, the less they seem to understand the potential dangers. My father is the perfect example of blissful ignorance towards just how under-regulated the internet really is. Having a trusting nature is a wonderful character trait, but the world has changed. Everyone that has been scammed, or had their identity stolen, never thought it would happen to them. Doesn't hurt to be a bit sensible.........;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022