Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mystery Truck Cab...32 Ford RPU?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poboyross, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Cool! Too bad that sign is on the dash. I bet a lot of us would like a ride in it.

clem, OahuEli, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  2. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Perhaps, but I'm such a history but that I look at it like I do myself...scars, marks, and all!

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I was going to say, if it were mine, I'd leave the sign...that's part of the truck's history for cryin' out loud

clem, Moriarity, slv63 and 1 other person like this.
  4. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I very much plan on it. NO cuts or body mods whatsoever. I have all the components to out modern bendix brakes in 40 ford backing plates for stopping power though. I'm referencing NealinCA's build for this. If I get an original bed, I will leave it stock, but if I get a repop bed, I want to add the jump seats in the bed as he did, except without the cab mods. I'd like to carry the kids in it from time to time too.

I'd love to have it in the Suede Palace one day!

slv63 likes this.
  5. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Here's the final build plan, I've had this pic for years:

[​IMG]

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OK, I'm happy with the above plan, good luck with the build. Bob

poboyross likes this.
  7. Awesome! Great to see you were finally able to buy the RPU. I look forward to the build thread.

8. Congratulations,this is prime example of the old adage " persistence pays off ".

Looking forward to following the build. HRP

poboyross likes this.
  9. clem

clem

Time for an update ?
    Thanks

10. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Yup, I reckon it is time....

SO, after all that...after waiting 6 years to finally buy the thing, and after getting it down to my folks place in TN, and after turning down multiple offers to buy it, LIFE came up. I’m not saying this to get any kudos or pats on the back or any of it...I don’t want it. But a major monetary need came up on someone else’s behalf, and after praying about it a lot and seeing what God did for me in sparing the life of my youngest when it came down to the wire last year, I sold both my 29 roadster and the 34 RPU to get the funding to help out. I only had two weeks to sell it all, and I thought it impossible, BUT IT HAPPENED!

So, for the foreseeable future, I’m out of the game as far as the H.A.M.B. is concerned. A really great guy (and member I believe) has the truck and from what I hear is doing it up nicely. It was my once in a lifetime opportunity to be its steward, even though only for a really short time, but that was cool...the rarest of the rare.

I have no idea where I’ll go from here, or if I’ll be able to get another H.A.M.B. friendly ride....future TBD, I guess. Godspeed to y’all, over and out!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Ross: It's very encourging to read of your willingness to trust God and keep family top priority. There are plenty of cars out there and in "due" time, you'll have another. Hang in therre, and above all, keep prayin'!!!! Tim

warhorseracing likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Happy to know things worked out for the best, another car project will turn up soon I'm sure., Bob

13. clem

clem

Thanks for the reply.
    They are only cars, and people should always come first.

warhorseracing likes this.
  14. You will be guided in the correct direction as you were before.