Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HAMBER that had pic of homemade rotor adapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Dec 28, 2017.

1. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I cant remember but there was a Hamb member that had a drawing of a homemade disc brake bearing adapter for 37-48 ford spindles and I down loaded the image some time ago, well as with most things I'm getting to that point and dug the drawing up and I found it had a measurement error on it and was hoping to contact him to find out the right dimension. On the drawing it shows the inside diameter at 1.88 but it also shows the outside diameter at 1.88 so if I tried turning it on the lathe Id have nothing to show :) so I need to get the right outside diameter.

so if by chance you remember who it is would you please let me know so I can contact him or if he is reading this would you be so kind to update your drawing with the correct outside diameter so I can try building a couple of these myself? thank you and greatly appreciated !!!

2. Might have been Tuck roadster build. he has so many projects going it is hard to remember but I can't remember if he uses disc's being a die hard traditional man. Maybe Titus????? have you tried searching?

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

4. this is the disclaimer for that piece referenced above FWIW:
    These replacement bearing adapters are intended to be used to replace damaged bearing and seal spacers from our Speedway brake kits.
    • To replace damaged bearing & seal spacer from popular Speedway brake kits
    • Will NOT adapt disc brakes on its own, other brackets & hardware required
    Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations

5. Firecat7

Firecat7

Kinda depends on what rotor bearing...GM or volare (for ford pattern).

6. Contact Ralph Liscena at ECI brakes in Ellington, Connecticut. He manufactures many disc brake kits, and he may have exactly what you need.

7. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Thanks guys. I'm thinking I'm going with the mopar to keep the 4 1/2" bolt pattern.

Building the tie rod linkage now. I'm going to use 1-1/4" x.188 DOM for the tie rods. I don't care for the 1"x.125 tubes.

After the tie rods on to the brakes and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row.