Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bucket suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky44, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Rocky44

Rocky44

Hi guys, I need to know how to set rear spring on my 23 T. I'm dealing with a car that has been built. Just making some modifications. I've already set Diff and Trans at proper angle. When I did that I modified the ladder bar rather then cut the bracket of the axle. This change the height of the rear spring when the car is not at ride height. I will have to modify the spring Perches. Just need to know the proper steps for getting my desired height. Thanks

2. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Gotcha! My name is Mariano. I live in California. I've always been into old cars but never had the money to buy one until now. I decided to buy a Tbucket which I knew nothing about. The only thing I knew is they looked very cool! Unfortunately the car I bought was pretty crappy! In fact, the only thing good about it was that it was registered as a '23. Fortunately, I'm a fabricator and have access to all the tools I need. I built a completely new chassis and I'm on my way to hopefully driving it soon. I appreciate the advise. Thanks

mgtstumpy, Texas Webb and Kerrynzl like this.
  3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I'm feeling kinda dizzy after ready these previous two posts.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Mr48chev, mgtstumpy and Hnstray like this.
  4. What the hell is going on here?

gimpyshotrods likes this.

5. ????????????????????????????????

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This kinda shit ain't cool, until Friday.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  7. Do you think it's running late or too early ? :D:p

8. Okay, Rocky (O/P), this thread took a left turn pretty quickly. Taking a deep breath and posting some photos of what you have now for your rear suspension set up should get you going straight ahead again.

Welcome to the baptism of fire. ;)

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

oh no... not this shit again.jpg
    Welcome to the HAMB, an introduction would have gone a long way towards getting the right response; also we love photos, a picture paints a thousand words. It's so much easier when we can see what the issue is before we can problem solve and suggest the best possible remedy or advice to rectify the issue(s).
    A few rules and guidelines to bear in mind relating to the HAMB.:D

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rule number one FNG has to post an intro. a
    Rule number 2 no frigging OT rigs. you pass on that one (smiley face here)
    Rule number 3 Us old farts and the younger dudes with good answers really appreciate good clear photos to see what the hell you have going on so we can give a viable answer that actually works.
    There is probably a simple answer If we can see what you are up against. Now show us those photos and Kev the super fabricator he is may be the one with the best answer.

11. I know exactly what happened to his ride.
    I'm trying to figure out who's posting what and who's talking for who.

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What's the frequency Kenneth?

13. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, I confess , the OP posted his first post in the wrong section the Lonestar roundup event section so I sent him a polite PM of HAMB expected niceties etc. He replied and I posted his reply ( just to allow folk to read his response to clarify things ) and then obviously his reply got moved by mods from the roundup to where it should be in general. Sorry if its give some guys a headache without being able to see a clear paper trail of incorrect postings.
    Now hopefully its cleared up perhaps the Op can give us some pics. We thrive on pics. Come on rocky44 dont leave us in suspense we need a follow up of pics.

14. Here's my wild ass guesses :D:p
    Buggy spring hangers -
    The cart was before the horse and brackets were welded to rear end.
    Modified ladder bar to adjust pinion angle and the rear spring hanger also rotated about the center line of the axle, should be around 8" or so radius.
    Calculate the circumference is about 50 & divide that by 360 and that gives 0.138 of ride height adjustment for each degree of pinion angle adjustment. Not to mention the big spring bind.
    image.jpeg

If my guesses are correct, he'll need to cut the brackets off the rear end to correct the spring bind and then play with the ride height if it needs