Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical GM metric calipers on an I beam axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevinsrodshop, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I've got some metric calipers mounted on my chassis engineering axle. I don't understand how the rubber brake line can connect to that caliper without hitting the axle. I've been trying to find another part number caliper that has the rubber line coming out a different direction. I've tried the search function and found some stuff but nothing that really answers my question.

caliper.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

i use drums...sorry cant help

e z i likes this.
  3. Canuck

Canuck

Grind a new clearance notch in the caliper for the line about 90 degrees from original to keep the line in place.
    The notch it sits in is just to keep the line in place.

Canuck

trollst and RMR&C like this.
  4. lake_harley

lake_harley

I take it you don't wish to use AN lines and fittings? There are options of angled fittings and angled hose ends if you could live with braided, AN lines. Some have a black cover, something like shrink tubing, if that would help from a cosmetic perspective.

Lynn

5. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I used 45* banjo to AN fittings and they worked great. 90* banjo fittings just won't clear the housing.

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I just mounted a pair and ground the side edge off so the lines point toward the frame.

RMR&C likes this.
  7. fordor41

fordor41

I used a banjo bolts and flex lines from speedway. they have different lengths and they cleared everything

8. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into either grinding the caliper or going with the AN fittings.